Yeah something like that would be great for carting firewood down and gravel up. 

I'm gonna ask a neighbour if he has any old quad wheels- he used to run quad bike tours for years so he must have old bits about. Hannah has built a cool little trailer for the van, Its about a sheet of ply big inside and shes making removable frame sides so we can load it up with kanuka brush etc. The quad will tow that easily which will be better than running the hiace about the place. I think the quad is rated to tow 380kg.

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not got a good pic of the latest one but heres a pic of two of ours plus a mates one, in blue.

20140721_142955.jpg

Our latest one is a 036 and with the 20" bar its ideal for most of the pines we have. Anything bigger and I could do it in bits but would be sketchy so we'll get our friend to help. 

My favourite is the little one, an 017 I think, for its shear guts and longevity. We've had it for 11 years and its done so much work. Bought for 100 bucks in england and has never let us down. I'm a big fan of using the smallest saw I can get away with because the bigger saws just screw my back after a day. That little one in perfect for bush work, climbing with, de-limbing felled trees etc. Plus its thrifty. It been through a lot, been attacked by my brushcutter, dropped all sorts of places, carried by bicycle trailer up alpine climbs in the French alps to feed our Bedford woodstove and just gets the job done.

I like chainsaws. I have too... there are so many trees to be felled yet!

That's my story for Pete.

• Like 5

It wont be a cage so much as a roof rack for timber. But yeah- not keen on a quad squashing me. However, where we'd be riding it you'd have to do something very silly to get it to tip so it should be OK. 

Now that 'Im already getting used to it i may well yet convert it in the future to forward control. Especially as the main track will get smoother and smoother as we ride it and tidy it up.

Damn I fancy a 'mini landrover FWD control spec' type vehicle with a little tipper tray. Itchy modification fingers...

Spotted a landie forward control last week in for lots of work at local garage. So cool. Cant find photos i took dammit!

• Like 1