Beavers 87' Toyota Hiace

Beaver

So the little C20 introduced me to all the benifits of van life, but needed a little TLC and I decided I wanted a bigger van anyway. So passed that onto someone more capable than me, and snatched up this bad boy.

1897 Toyota Hiace with the big block 4y, 5 speed column shift, long wheel base.

Has been owned by Barry (actual name) for 18 years and has been pretty well cared for. Resprayed (4 coats, always 4 coats on barrys cars) in its life as well as a rebuilt motor a few years back. After some minor speed bumps after first gettign it (faulty voltage reg, huge props to Seedy Al for helping me out there), and a bloody good clean, its a bloody pearler.

Someone you will have seen my trick (if I do say so myslef) bed setup in the C20. Will likely do something simlar but not as cray cray as obviuosly this has much more room to start with. it already has a base built in so will probably use that as a starting point. End product will be split into two with storage under one or both sides. Current base is a bit longer than it needs to be so will shorten it a touch at the front as well. As hoped, our mountain bikes fit across the van floor in front of the bed (with front wheels off). 

czgq5nu1.vls.jpg

g11pfazu.jkr.jpg

ea144xkl.vtw.jpg

• Like 6

Yeh Im pretty stoked with how it came out, yet to load it up with all the van crap but Im sure there will be ample room and then some. Have since purcahsed a genuine made in Egypt rug to cover the back, something a bit different to carpet haha (and only 30 bucks from the opshop).

Next up is Mahiris job to make the curtains. Im atatched wires along the top and bottomso we just need to find some old curtains to cut to size and throw the sweing machine at them.

Are you going to fit a factory mattress? Or make one that has the fold up area cut out of it?

Cut some springs gee

Ive made it to work with a normal mattress. I put a lip along the back edge so that you can lift the front up (so the mattress will bend in the middle ) and it wont fall out the back.