Rez & Bornlosers 1979 Ford Econoline Van - Discussion

Beaver

holy lol at gal.

This is so sweet. You know those cards that, like, when you turn them one way theyre one picture and when you hold it the other way it's another? You should do that on the van so that you can have to 4x huge murals.

Wizards riding dragons that are burning ladies clothes that are made out of snakes that are shooting poison that is naked ladies that are unicorns who are being ridden by gal

etc

• Like 5

I so nearly bought this van! Saw it at Kumeu hotrod show with a for sale in the window, phoned the owner the next day, and went and  took it for a drive.

Pretty sure yours  is a 302W, 351W is taller block and inlet manifold is quite wide. Have a look on the inlet, from memory it had an Edelbrock performer on it, and it will say Performer 289 or 302 on the manifold near the front. I thought it went quite well for a 302, esp. given this was originally a low hp smog engine. It was only the fact that I already  own 2x Transits, 1x 1992 E350 Econoline and an LDV400 van that sanity prevailed and I realised I did NOT  need another van! But was soo tempted, as it was not expensive, and was really nice. 

Stud pattern is a bit weird if you want to change the wheels, it is 5x5" from memory. You would have to get wheels from the US. Friend of mine recently bought this 1975 Econoline, which is basically the same van as yours.

20140925_141830.jpg

Look forward to seeing updates:)

Conrad

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So much awesomeness has happened to Blue Pearl in the last couple of weeks. First big getaway (apart from QCR dirt masters) in it this weekend for Hanmer meet. Once Hanmers done and dusted will get photos of progress up asap!

• Like 4