Roman

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, HighLUX said:

What sorta radiator does the 1G starlet run as this is for a 1G

Just some random junk thing with modified end tanks to encourage multi pass, plus the OEM water / oil heat exchanger..

Didn't seem to get hot on high boost at track days etc..

The problem I see is, if the cylinder miss fires, theres nothing to pull the piston down the bore, and it would lose contact with the wavy thing. From there, theres probably no recovery? Also I dont get how it starts without the combustion to keep the follower in contact with the ramp???

• Like 2

So yeah scratch that idea for a FC radiator working. Got the motor sitting as far back as possible and iv only got 40ish mm between the front of the 1G supercharger clutch and the the front panel of the engine bay. Lots of room for a radiator but its got to fit the drivers side of the engine bay 

9 minutes ago, datlow said:

Tray mount

Civic half size radiator? 

Option A is a no because its not a trophy truck

Option B is the next best option but still dubious of cooling capacity, I want to do skids without it turning into a kettle instantly

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjrstar said:

Can you fit it inside of the radiator support rather than behind it?

Il get a couple of pics next time im at the ute showing what I have to work with. Its a bit of a tricky one as cutting out radiator support cuts most of the front panel of the body. Im limited by height because of the chassis in the way under the body the bonnet at the top and headlight supports at the sides. Going to a non electro clutch on the SC would get me alot more space but how am I supposed to have a GO BABY GO button the top of the gearstick if I loose that

4 hours ago, RUNAMUCK said:

The problem I see is, if the cylinder miss fires, theres nothing to pull the piston down the bore, and it would lose contact with the wavy thing. From there, theres probably no recovery? Also I dont get how it starts without the combustion to keep the follower in contact with the ramp???

There's a YouTube video which shows it a bit better, there's another wave shaped part that pulls the piston back down 

• Like 2