VG's Gross Hilux SR5 (+15)

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I care for your tone young man.

Anyways, I bunged a poost gauge on it, its poosting 12psi, so could safely go 2-3 psi more. I also found the front is sitting on the bump stops, and the rear is about 10mm away, they have also removed the load spring, puhuhuhuhu. If anyone has a set of bog std rear springs laying about, i'll be ken on those.

My side shed will be empty in 2 weeks, so will get stuck into it then, have also taken a week off to get it done.

Oh, it runs around 2 psi at 100kmh, it it normal for turbo cars to run a little poost on the open road, or is it best to be completely off poost?

Regards, VG.

Pic of mine cruising at 100km/h

9AF9367D-F3F3-46C7-8F01-4CC9F78221D3_zps

In the negative pressures ayyyy, interesting. I'll have to work out why mines boosting a little then. Guess it could be the added weight/aerodynamics/ratio of the lux causing it.

I've done a small amount of tinkering with this, spent ages cleaning all the chips and melted lollies out of it, and then set about getting the speedo and tach to work. The speedo cable had snapped off behind the dash (which is odd) so have purchased a new one. My bro-in-law helped me work out how to get the lux rev counter working off the nissan ecu, so that should be all go soon. I have also purchased a set of tail (ones on it are buggered) and bumper lights (has gay balls clear ones on it now), i'm loving how cheap after market lux parts are. 

IMG_20141005_201846530_zps66df2e61.jpg

Scoping out the wiring, puhuhuhuhuhu.

IMG_20141007_183647759_zps785dbb9a.jpg

Some new bits.

Also, while the dash was out, I thought i'd slap a poost gauge in. One of the few times i've got a bargain off TM, picked the little bugger up cheap. It juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust fits in, looks a bit silly, but hey, that's what the flat peak lyfe style is all about.

IMG_20141006_203811790_HDR_zpsedb52940.j

I also decided, to cut down on costs, to run the 17's its already on, so will probably get it certed on them. I have next week off, so will swap out the rusty doors for pink ones, jack it back up, and make drive shaft hoops. And if they can take it, maybe drop it at panel beaters to get pillars done.

Mean.

Regards, VG.

I have a courier with a standard SR20DET T25 engine/turbo. At 100kmh it sits well into the vacuum so I doubt its a weight or aerodynamics issue your having. Even if your ratio had your rpm at around 4k (being generous) at that speed, you should still be seeing some vacuum. I'm running BB T28 on both my SR20det silvia and 1ggte Cressida and both of those are also running vacuum at cruising speeds (around 3200ish rpm). Sorry I can't actually tell you what might be causing yours to run pressure. Dud gauge maybe?

Get a black face/bevel boost gauge you show pony.

It was $1 reserve though/didn't think about the colour tbh.

I have a courier with a standard SR20DET T25 engine/turbo. At 100kmh it sits well into the vacuum so I doubt its a weight or aerodynamics issue your having. Even if your ratio had your rpm at around 4k (being generous) at that speed, you should still be seeing some vacuum. I'm running BB T28 on both my SR20det silvia and 1ggte Cressida and both of those are also running vacuum at cruising speeds (around 3200ish rpm). Sorry I can't actually tell you what might be causing yours to run pressure. Dud gauge maybe?

I need to do some research, I don't understand churbros well enough to figure it out. I'm not expecting it to be great on gas, but assume it will be better if its off boost. The gauge I was using was quite a flash Wika industrial gauge, so should be accurate. Will sort it out in the future, its not a huge concern, but thanks for the info, very handy to know.

Also, in reply to my parts request,

"Are you still interested over this item placed for wanted,i have it for sales,in a good working condition,let me know your interest and i will forward you pictures of the item,

Greeting from Belarus, Mrs Hannah."

Seems legit .........