VG's 4AGTE (getoutofitcunt) KP86.

Vintage Grumble

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those manifolds are yuck.   i got one of those cast ones here if you want your 4age to sound like a 4g63. 

i cant remember if the injectors were too short or too long!  i did somthing with the black plastic spacers in the fuel rail. i shall  go check for you soon

gt2876r  on the trueno. probably a touch big for what you want.  although on high comp engine at low boost, it drove like a cam'd na 4age, with about another 50kw. which was kinda cool.

• Like 1

spacers seem to be around 10mm.    i recall doing something with  4e/5e spacers. but fuck knows really, i might have just had the wrong ones in there. measure your factory ones if you want to go that way

got some of those vr4 450cc ^ (need ballast) hanging around here also.  might wanna go a touch bigger depending how power greedy you are.   i'm using around 80% of 590cc's in the trueno.  this is on the stock fuel reg.

• Like 1

spacers seem to be around 10mm.    i recall doing something with  4e/5e spacers. but fuck knows really, i might have just had the wrong ones in there. measure your factory ones if you want to go that way

got some of those vr4 450cc ^ (need ballast) hanging around here also.  might wanna go a touch bigger depending how power greedy you are.   i'm using around 80% of 590cc's in the trueno.  this is on the stock fuel reg.

Sweet, thanks for checking that out.

Soooo, sounds like a T28 or TD05 would work well, and go for an injector around the 500/550 mark, which the caldina ones sound to be around. Think i'll make my own manifold, prolly out of SCH40 carbon bends and pipe.

if going TD04, go for an N23W RVR TD04HL-15T (from manual transmission, or 13G from automatic transmission) as it's probably the best flowing TD04 out there and shares the same non-offset turbine entry flange as the TD05H so you can bolt-on upgrade later on anyway. These turbos can be had for cheap and I've picked up two 13G's at about $100 a pop but I'm keeping an eye out for some 15T's now that I'm thinking of going 3.5 on the Eterna instead of 3.0. Another good TD04 is the Volvo 850R or S70/V70 R turbos, they run a 16T compressor and better flow compressor housing but they are harder to track down and they run their own proprietry exhaust housing and flange bolt pattern.

• Like 1