Turbocharging a 4age???

bobdylan

In today's day in age if you want people on an internet forum to build your car for you, and work out all of the problems involved, you are very like to run into people who tell you to fuck off.

There are literally thousands of pages that you can read that will tell the the perils and pros of boosting an NA motor.

Was only asking for advice. Its better to learn from others mistakes then make the same mistake again.

Like I said, N/A i know enough about not to blow myself or my car up, never played with the boosted gods before.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who make 270 rwhp with a turbo silvertop so it is possible.

You should run it on Meth.

Add NOS to help spool the turbo,

Might as well dry sump it while you are at it.

Use a throttle body before the turbo like the f1 cars, it helps spool.

• Like 1

I have a friend who make 270 rwhp with a turbo silvertop so it is possible.

You should run it on Meth.

Add NOS to help spool the turbo,

Might as well dry sump it while you are at it.

Use a throttle body before the turbo like the f1 cars, it helps spool.

alain_delon_gif.gif

• Like 1

Can we bring this back on topic.

Power output wise would be worth it for 5-7psi? Can expect 50hp? or less?

Also where to get the exhaust manifold from? 

150 whp should be achieveable at that boost level...

Look up Barry from MRP expect to pay ~800 for a manifold, you could try someone like Sinco customs in Hamilton.

http://www.mrpltd.co.nz/browse/118_255/turbo-manifolds.html

• Like 1

Theres a fair few 500+hp 4agte's about tbh. I read something about some place in NZ that had a 4agte powered drag car that they ran for years, and they detailed the build, and it was basic as, most of the engine was std, just with the big ass conrods some of the ze and red tops came with.

Def make a plenum, trying to seal a silver top one would be gay.

• Like 1

Id get the exhaust manifold, turbo oil and water lines off the gsr as well. Try retrofit the mani to the 4age. Otherwise by the time you add a $800 mani, ecu and tuning, it's still a very expensive mod for not a huge amount of gain (unless you are looking further down the track with lower compression/forged engine)

Dude, please stop asking questions and type shit into google.

5 psi means nothing, sure you have told us what turbo you are planning on using, but there is so much at play when it comes to these things. As I said there are thousands of pages on the internet that will answer you questions straight away, where as there are only a handful of people on here with turbo 4ages.

honestly, we all know that your very good at building stuff, but i know if you think real hard you can remember a time when you were new to it. 

this thread is totally fine in my books, often a 'conversation' over a thread will actually churn up some ideas/problems that even those 1000 pages didnt cover, for your specific car. 

i read 1000 pages on bike carb conversions and not one ever had a problem with intake manifold sealing like i did, and oldschool came through with solution after solution

if you dont want to contribute thats cool, but it would help to notice your the only person complaining.

sorry i dont actually know anything about turboing an NA car lol, but i still had to say that. good luck!

• Like 2

Lump me in with Rookie. 

I'm all for helping people out with advice (I frequently do so). But it's pretty hard to get motivated to do so, when you don't at least spend some time doing research yourself first. If you want valuable answers, you have to come up with researched questions. Search on Toyspeed.org.nz too about turbo 4age setups. Your easiest option (excluding asking for the answer in this thread) is to look up 4agte projects on a few forums / google. You will then be able to see how people do it, and how the best results are gained. Not doing so is pretty lazy, which is fine, but will IMO, net you less advice than if you put some effort in yourself rather than expecting others to do the hard work.

/grumpy old man

Save some money and just buy a faster car to start with :P unless you plan to do this work yourself or with free mates labour, you'll need a good sized chequebook.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78xXqBNCEo

with IHI RB52 turbo (6psi, 110rwkW between 6000 to 8000rpm)
At 8000rpm 1st = 65kph, 2nd = 105kph, 3rd = 152kph.
No LSD. VVT inactive. Standard 5 speed C52.

Maybe you could just leave this thread to people who have actually played with turbo 4/7age's who are happy to contribute.

If you've got the time to be a cunt, go do it somewhere else :)

• Like 1