kyteler

Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

Really.just need to run it and see where it comes from. Will whack crank pully and fan belt back on and see what happens

There is a big black cover in behind the cambelt, but not super keen to get that deep. Water pump looks OK. Where coolant is pooled in the bottom picture was roughly where it was running from when I first spotted it. There are water lines to the turbo on that side of the block but they look OK.

So yeh, will try get it running and building some pressure in the coolant system and see what I can see.

• Like 1

Good to see your still mucking round with Nissans :cheers: Bit of a shame with all the shops shut right now...  Surely its essential to have a glorious mode of transport? 

Dang straight haha. It can sit there in the naughty corner for s other month or so, no big deal

• Like 1

Those frost plugs look like they are a little bit of an issue for L and R series nowadays - the test of time is starting to creep up on them i'd say. 2x L series (one LD and one L26) ive pulled of late have met their demise through frost plug issues. I suppose it depends how looked after the cooling system is previous to you. If it was me i'd smash a quality new water pump on there as well just to be sure. 

Its great to see this this still out being used - keep up the good work.

• Like 1

It's had a hard life on the cooling front, but I have given it a new water pump within the last 2 years. 

@brocky41

• Like 1