Beaver's '87 Gloria Wagon

kyteler

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, is they have managed to track everything down (hub seals, wheel cylinders, brake shoes), the flange I got for them is close enough and they can make it work, and will be doing a full 2/5" exhaust with a single muffler. chooch chooch.

Bad news is it looks like I've run out of time to get everything sorted for the weekend/wagnats....luckily van life is a dream

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm not going to tell you how to suck eggs.
but all I see is a pod filter sucking hot air off the rad. flip it over the other way, and build a cold air box. cold air =free horsepower.
also does this savage beast run an intercooler?

Also also, can you bring the rocket cover racer track down to gnats on your roof pleez?

• Thanks 1

Yeh that intake was cobbled together out of whatever was sitting around so will revisit it at some stage. No intercooler but have one in stock that I will look at fitting one day. Main goal for now is jut getting it all working and back on the road.

surely some of you chch folk are big enough and ugly enough to screw a few bits of wood together and make your own track?

• Like 1

The guy reckoned two separate issues, so probably not. Will see what the comp test shows, but will likely commit to getting them to pull the head off and go from there. If its just a valve or two then cant imagine its a big deal to replace.

• Like 1

Possibly? I’d say I was pretty confident I timed it up properly but stranger things have happened (and if what the workshop said is correct re: crank timing then I’ve done something wrong, or something has slipped). 

When they ring back with compression test results I’ll yarn about that to him and see what they say (they are the experts after all). 

If it’s only one cylinder that’s bung, would that reduce the likelihood of it being cam timing? I would have thought that if it’s a tooth or two out then it would affect all cylinders.

Oh yeh for sure. Was thinking that if comp test shows one or two cylinders dud and the rest ok then I’ll get them to take head off and do valves then reassemble and retime etc. should have done that in the first place (head off when I found the snapped cam) but I guess you live and learn! At least that’s chasing a plausible problem rather than just trying things at will haha