mutiny's Personal Six

kyteler

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The older cam cover is way cooler. It's not compatible with the modern head so I can't use it (otherwise I would). I'd just polish it up and have it sitting somewhere, I prefer the font and the older look to them.

stoked the rust isn't to bad bro, its a killer when you find more than you expected.. i had an fj55 landcruier that had 4 wheel drums you had to adjust every month or so, would always lock the right front wheel in the wet.. dodgy az

yeah ive had a few b1600s with drum brake fronts, have converted them in the past and made the world of difference, when you gonna throw some build threads up dude, had to be a forum member to see that link you sent me the other day

This thing is so sweet - i wanted that cedric in hawkes bay thats been on TM lately but been told its a bit rough.

So cool you want to keep it original as possible - that steering wheel is pretty pimp.

Let me know if you want to try some of those disk brake front parts from the 260c

Whip the cam cover off and see whether the lobe for the mechanical pump is there at all. If it's not there it might well be easier to wire in a little electric pump, Ricardo had to replace the one on my old car on his voyage, I believe KK helped him with this so it might be worth asking which one he ended up getting.