Ed's vintage Pioneer car audio projects

0R10N

got a bid on what looks to be not working KEX-500 and an EQ-600 AND a GEX-T5 and a GM-600. Hopefully I get it as cheap as im bidding, then the refurb should cover the rest. 

How'd you go with that auction?

Here's a KP-313 in good nick on Yahoo, could be scooped up for cheap if you play your cards right. Auction ends in 3 days.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c423806707

600x450-2013101900004.jpg

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I inquired about a few of the Pioneer units including that CD player, but never received a reply so assumed they'd either already been sold or the guy didn't want my money.

Some older amps for sale (the half-height DIN City Connection might be handy for any Clarion fans). I've considered buying them just for the Carrozzeria.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-stereos/amplifiers/2-channel/auction-655438940.htm

290046833.jpg

The Flying Party above inspired me to dig out my Clarion AA-308. Still not sure what it actually DOES, but because it used to live in an old tour bus I'm guessing it's probably an intercom/announcement system for the driver/tour guide.

10642068416_6522fafefe_z.jpg

Even has a pair of mics, bonus!

For the curious, here's what's on my workbench currently:

These TS-X8s have had a hard life, but tested fine with minimal woofer/tweeter crackle. One of the casings sports a gigantic hole on the underside from where a previous owner got a bit overzealous when removing it from a vehicle and broke the plastic surrounding the factory mounting stud.

10642287893_169fe8b133_z.jpg

I don't usually have a lot of non-Pioneer gear lying around, but this Alpine headunit was given to me with the specific fault of "no sound comes out" so it's probably blown the internal amp, oh well, they're a dime a dozen so no massive loss really. On the other hand I've never seen one of these Sanyos before. Fired it up and discovered it has a working LED display and tuner (Japanese band) but the cassette motor's burnt out. It'll be a prime candidate for AUX modding if anyone is interested.

10642284423_6e99f2c693_z.jpg

Finally I haven't done much with this KX-E35 setup in the last year and don't currently have any use for it either. Could probably go back into storage to be honest. The TS-1690s came out of the Rx-7 when I did the two seater conversion and replaced the rear trim panels, they feature a nifty tweeter angle adjustment gimmick which allows you to position them towards the listener. Just a bit too eccentric to get rid of!

10642040515_206d6a2b1e_z.jpg

The Flying Party above inspired me to dig out my Clarion AA-308. Still not sure what it actually DOES, but because it used to live in an old tour bus I'm guessing it's probably an intercom/announcement system for the driver/tour guide.

10642068416_6522fafefe_z.jpg

Even has a pair of mics, bonus!

That is similar to one we have in our old Isuzu Jap spec prision/school bus. It is a intercom/loudspeaker for internal shouting at noisy children

Raizer: the LED display is pretty dim, probably due to age. Can have another look tonight once it's dark, but in daytime it's a pain to try and read.

All good mate, looks like Richy has me sorted with a woodgrain Kenwood!

With the aux in mod recon it could be set up to be switchable? So you could switch between a working tape deck and a aux input?