Ed's vintage Pioneer car audio projects

0R10N

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could talk to xsspeed about the box speakers, fairly sure he's on the lookout for some.

Otherwise I could quite possibly be persuaded, depending on final cost...

Quite like what you are doing with this stuff man. Pretty keen to sort out a decent sound system for my new car, wouldn't mind using some gear like this

If you can source some appropriate gear I'm happy to have a look and suggest the best course of action. Maybe even mod it if needed.

Cool cool, keep me posted. As I said though, talk to xsspeed first, he's been looking for similar boxes for a while now.

I just managed to snake a GM-4 amp out from under kr2000 as the auction was closing:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=640166071

He's definitely not going to let anyone else score that gear Banter posted though :( Yahoo is looking more and more like the better option.

Nah, it's all good. At the end of the day it's a free world, and I can still source stuff from overseas at reasonable cost.

I just get a bit frustrated because it cuts other people out of the market, and prevents me from buying stuff to modify for other OS members at a reasonable price.

You interested in some TS-X8s at all Jesse (or Karl or anyone else for that matter)¿ The only drawback is one of the boxes has a large hole in the bottom that isn't visible once mounted - presumably from where someone tried to extract it from a car in one piece, and failed. Will need to dig them out of storage, take photos, and give them a test run to make sure the cones are fine and that the hole doesn't affect the sound quality too much.

They look like these:

ts-x08.jpg