Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

Don't know if you noticed or heared of. All the heat wrap I can get from supercheap and repco deteriorates very fast.

It deteriorates to flakes and peels off slowly.

I don't mind to pay 20 dollars for something to last 1 year or two, but it is few times more than that and not to mention it's very time consuming to put on in the first place.

I was also thinking to spray some heat paint on, not too keen, because these cusco exhuast do look mean when they're naked.

I agree with you the heat shield do look fugly due to I made them out of heat sheild from other scrap engines.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm saying that you don't seem to follow any sort of logic.

(I forgot to mention that you paid too much for the said gun)

My logic is: I want something to last a long time and reliable.

something that isn't good I am not keen to pay good price and labour in.

I don't know why is it so hard to for you to understand anything I mentioned before?

I suspect he means you could have purchased a better quality exhaust wrap if you are concerned about longevity? or perhaps a custom heat shield that looks a bit tidier (if that is what you are looking for)

get the headers HPC'd that stuff is pretty good, i have had a turbine housing done and it still looks like brand new. Also exhaust wrap when properly done (applied wet and tied off properly) will last pretty well..

or as P-star mentioned some new heat shield material / pretty much anything will be better that the current state of affairs.

Any reason why you didn't go for heat wrap on the extractors, rather than making up that heat sheild ?

It would appear you want to keep the car original, but with subtle mods, and that sheild is anything but subtle.

I don't mean to sound like a twat, and I'm sure the sheild will work, but it looks a bit shit.

They came factory with heat shields so why would wrap them when the point of this build is to keep it as factory as possible?

I have also heard of cases where the extractors start cracking due to them being wrapped up.

CC-103-028-800.jpg

Might pay for some of you guys to do a bit of research before you go shitting on Andy just because its Andy. Im starting to find alot of you guys more annoying than him just because of it

i found one of those factory dizzy shields in my junk the other day. at least all smallports seem to have them factory. i dislike your current shield enough to send it to you. pm me you address if you want it..

dont know if it will fit the bluetop dizzy or not.

I'm not shitting on Andy, I don't even know the guy.

I just think he has a very nice ae86, and what he has done, has not done the car any favours.

If it is just a tempoary job untill he can find the right sheild, then all good.

But the fact that they are not the factory extractors would mean slight mods are not out of the question, and I'd hate to see him make silly mistakes, just for lack of knowledge.

Some of you guys comments are geniune.

But yeh please end some of pointless critisies etc as I have explained before with reasons.

Would be appreciate if you come here and comment in a nice and suggestive type of manner.

Kpr, I know there's a factory dizzy cap, which we have discussed before which suitable for aw11 dizzy, I probably would need to change the whole dizzy.

I will pm you for a photo, if that's suit.

Thank You.

Also I am planning to respray the front and rear bump to black, because I scratched the front bumper when going into garage, Fcuk Me~!

well, then I thought, let's strip the whole interior out again and fix every tiny bit of rust.

so this is what I will be doing in next few weeks, I mean I only strip the interior and bumper and everything else will be the professionals job.

Agree about fibreglass heat wrap being the most useless stuff in the universe, I hate it!

Dont think it's anything to do with the quality/cost, more than it's got a short lifespan and is a crappy alternative to alternative shielding.

And yeah, 80s Toyotas are always going to have rust somewhere :)

You can never get rid of it all... And even if you did, you'd be buying time, not a permenant solution to the problem of the crappy metal that these cars were made from during that era.

Andy, I'll take you serious when you actually take other people's suggestions seriously.

I've tried to help you before, but you've ignored me, or just said "nah it's too far away"

It's not always everyone else who is the problem.

/sick of ranting

hey, ling does not have to listen to shit you say just because YOU have said it. Its his choice what he does and how he does it.

Why do you guys care so much about the outcome of his vehicles anyway?

Ironic that you are sick of ranting and yet continue to do so. Nobody is making you rant or even read this.

Lots of love,

NAthan