Ling's Silver Grand Father ---- Plan B (NOT a SPAM THREAD)

LingLing

I am keeping it as zenki. yes I have to say kouki looks better, but then zenki is getting rare than kouki now.

I found the side skirts maybe good when you have a full body kit with the trd wing.

anyway, I am going to spray the things as I mentioned before.

The prices expecting to be:

300 for both bumper?

150 for all side tirms and mirrors.

then 150 for the both bottom sill?

200 for rust remove and touch up paint around the car?

see if I can keep this thing below $1000, probably good to keep it around 800.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey thanks, but I couldn't be bothered with spray and sanding myself to be honest. I believe I could do a reasonable job as I practised some on the red e21 I sold before. but yeh I would like it done professionally.

very nice collection you have man, 2 aes, what's the black one?

haha i didnt even sand, kinda learnt over time perfection is hard to achieve with these cars, something will always be a little off..

if you're talking about the black trueno on my blog its my mate joshs, he has the blue one too.. blue one is 4ac, black is bluetop with nos track car.. my other 86 is still missing somewhere in nz..

anyway, look forward to seeing progress.. gt-v stickers can be had on ebay.com.au and i think even hachiroku.com.au sells some?

Andy, not sure for 86's but normally on a toyota hatch, the bottom of the seat can be pulled up (as they are hinged on the front edge) so that the backs of the seats can fold dead flat.

The bolts are where the back of your lower leg would be if you were sitting in the back seat. Undo those, pull the bottom seat out then you should be able to get to the bolts for the back seat hingers easily

yeah in the middle of that there should be boltes, the seats hinge and fold forward on those, the toyodiy image doesnt show what I am talking about for the bottom seats

I am not sure if I am right or not for ae86's, but its that way in my ae82 and even in my mrs' 1997 caldina

errrhh, anyone got any of these rear quater glass clips??

I broke 1 and half out 4. shit.

P1000247.jpg

Right Rear quarter glass is nearly out. Expecting this is the only rust.

P1000249.jpg

P1000248.jpg

Btw, anyone have more reliable method to remove the window trim? without breaking my upper clips?