• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cum door-pulls??
Yeah- check your door pulls.

Laughed out loud at this.

So is Taupo any easier for the trip up guys? Quite a few of us will head there on the Thursday night to prepare for trackday (by drinking?). It will probably be smoother sailing for a thursday afternoon journey + you could join convoys with the Wellingtonians.

THIS ^ . . . keen to convoy up with you SI cats Thursday evening if anyone keen.

Have a big private back lawn that could take a dozen tents & 1 spare room if anyone wants a place to stay in wellington for few days on way back down.

Over

Cum door-pulls??
Yeah- check your door pulls.

Laughed out loud at this.

So is Taupo any easier for the trip up guys? Quite a few of us will head there on the Thursday night to prepare for trackday (by drinking?). It will probably be smoother sailing for a thursday afternoon journey + you could join convoys with the Wellingtonians.

THIS ^ . . . keen to convoy up with you SI cats Thursday evening if anyone keen.

Have a big private back lawn that could take a dozen tents & 1 spare room if anyone wants a place to stay in wellington for few days on way back down.

Over

keen if i need somewere to tent on way back havn't worked out my plan yet so i'll book 1 space ;) lol

Sounds good to me.

Mr low'n'slow- where are you in Wellington? ...not that it would mean much to me as I know Wellington about as well as the back of Barts hand... but are you close to ferrys or on other side of town?

My sister lives in Churton park. I was thinking of staying there on way through but having been there once what I gather is that they would frown upon a bunch of old loud, low, rusty cars driven by loud, low, crusty lads. So I think a more 'old car' friendly neigbour hood would be the way to go.

I'm in Brooklyn bro which is a 10 min drive from ferry terminal then 5 min drive back down hill to 'highway 1' in morning to head north

I will probably head North Thursday after work for Fri morning trackday but your welcome to lay down some sleep bags in lounge / put tents up and go nuts in the kitchen etc, heaps of space inc off street parking. Wife should be around to accomidate you guys :)

FYI - I'm going to be trying to get a deal through work for Ferry. Just waiting to find out the days and times you guys want to travel and around about how many cars/passengers are travelling.

Also I'm down with convoying up on Friday morning - leave Wellington around 8am and get to Taupo around midday/early afternoon. Won't be much chance for trackday competing that late in the day but at least we will all be able to convoy to Rotorua together from Taupo.

I also have a couple couches people can stay on and floor space where you can spoon on if need be.

Safe parking for 2 or 3 cars and sleep space for 3-6 depending how cosy you wanted to get.

I'm out by the airport so a little further from town but its only 10 minutes more than from Russell/LowNSlow's place - we can most likely share the load of peeps between 2 to 3 houses anyway.