paintless dent removal. this will blow your mind.

flyingbrick

have not seen but is this dry ice to a dented (but not creased panel) then hairdrier applied?

if so yup

may have techinque around the other way as it would make for sense for the outer edge of the dent to 'pull' the inner back towards it

I've done a fair bit of research. Most methods involve heating the surface first and then cooling the dent with something cold- dry ice or the c02 spray from an upside down can of airduster.

you are right, the dry ice method does make sense when you think about it. I wonder if someone could rub dry ice on a strip of sheet metal and report back as to if the sheetmetal bends in reaction.

I've done a fair bit of research. Most methods involve heating the surface first and then cooling the dent with something cold- dry ice or the c02 spray from an upside down can of airduster.

you are right, the dry ice method does make sense when you think about it. I wonder if someone could rub dry ice on a strip of sheet metal and report back as to if the sheetmetal bends in reaction.

cant tell you that. i do know it goes WWEEEEEEEOOORRRRRREEEEOOOOORRRRT

that pratice is also done with the freeze spray you use for electronics??

and i have even seen people use the wart removal kits you can buy? .

You'd have to get all the way out to be effective wouldn't you? Else the sun would just make it buckle back into the dent again?

I did wonder that too. Dont know enough about panelbashing to know whether the metal would rebound again after a halfassed destress like that.

You'd have to get all the way out to be effective wouldn't you? Else the sun would just make it buckle back into the dent again?

I did wonder that too. Dont know enough about panelbashing to know whether the metal would rebound again after a halfassed destress like that.

I would imagine this would apply some of the time, but not all of it. Sun is not usually going to be as hot, and the sun will warm up the entire panel, rather than the localised area.