Heath's 260C Wagon

kyteler

Pine - I used to own one the same - I did almost the same kind of stuff as you..

With the balljoints I use H330 joints which are identical but the taper is bigger.

It cost me $200 to have an engineer ream the stubs out to match the taper size of the 330 joints..

I'll found my old build thread - I bought it in May 2008 - viewtopic.php?t=5675

FYI - my mate now owns the car and he rents a shed with me so I still get to see it plenty..

If you look at selling yours - flick me a message I could be keen...

Thanks for the comments guys. So glad to find some people with similar taste hahaha

k-trips I read through your build thread a few times a while ago, it's the only build thread I've found of a 230 wagon, anywhere!

I'll try and take it out and get some good photos of it when I'm happy with the ride height and a few other things. Might take me a while though. I don't sit on my arse but there are heaps of things I wanna do to my Torana soon too. Had the Datto for like 3 months so far. Can't see myself selling it any time soon but I will really want it to go to a good home when I do sell it! Provided someone doesn't run up my arse or something

Thanks for the comments guys. So glad to find some people with similar taste hahaha

k-trips I read through your build thread a few times a while ago, it's the only build thread I've found of a 230 wagon, anywhere!

I'll try and take it out and get some good photos of it when I'm happy with the ride height and a few other things. Might take me a while though. I don't sit on my arse but there are heaps of things I wanna do to my Torana soon too. Had the Datto for like 3 months so far. Can't see myself selling it any time soon but I will really want it to go to a good home when I do sell it! Provided someone doesn't run up my arse or something

Sweet - hit me up if you have any questions - for lowering, the front springs I had made by Snells in Auckland then I cut off half a coil on each side once I got them settled in, (Snells most probaby still have the recipe on their files) the lowering blocks are 68mm high (50mm box section with 3 x 6mm plates) I've also cut the bump stops down appropriately..

I know the guy who now owns it would desperately would love to get some spare taillights, front and rear bumpers and other stuff too. What other spare bits did you get from the parts car you found?

What other spare bits did you get from the parts car you found?

The tail light & indicator assembly with the indicator was all I got, I was going to buy the car but it sold before I could really feasibly get it. I'm hoping to get a bumper off it, and some others bits and pieces. It actually had a dogleg floor shift 5spd and a rebuilt L28, so if I bought it I probably would have swapped the driveline across and put the blank steering column in. The car has taken a hit opposite the tail light that I bought, hense why it wasn't on the road.

I haven't even seen a photo of it!

Sweet - if you do get to it - I would pay good money for the rear window winder motor - the one in my mates has died a death - and to me that window is one of the coolest parts of it..

Fuck I never thought I would see another one let alone one on this forum.. so so choice..

The air con is a dealer fitted 'Clarion' system and it isn't connected, but I'll probably leave it there with the intention of getting it working later on down the track if I keep the car for a long time, which is fairly likely.

Thought you guys might wanna see this lol. I drove it to the city last night with 6 drunken yobbo mates in the car to go and see a Horrorshow & Bliss n Eso gig. This is what it looked like without me in it hahaha, even lower with 7. I reckon it looks so good and it was loads of fun. The L26 didn't really struggle either which was nice, and I don't think it's running quite right yet.

04062011003.jpg

04062011002.jpg

There was a fair bit of arch rubbing on the side walls but I think if I had lipped my guards it wouldn't have touched at all, so I'll try and sort that out soon. I'll probably end up with it just sitting on the bump stops when it's loaded up (maybe get some progressive bump stops and be able to adjust them a few mm to get them in the right spot, and I'll still lower the springrate in the back a little bit and lower it a fair bit anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Sweet - if you do get to it - I would pay good money for the rear window winder motor - the one in my mates has died a death - and to me that window is one of the coolest parts of it..

I was at a wrecker today and there was a 330 series wagon which had a key-barrel in the D-pillar... It's fairly likely that they would have the same electric motor as the 230, right?