EURON8

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, orders already.

Costs should come in around 2k.

Will post up an exact list of costs when ive worked out what ive used and got the invoices in.

She was flipped over today. Spent a few extra hours on it.

Just need to chuck in the drawbar brace for what used to be a standard jockeywheel that will become the tilting lift so the trailer doesnt just slam back down ripping the front of the car off.

Pics will be up later tonight.

Todays effort 730am to 3pm

Rear supports and tie points in

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

Rear wood support

IMG_0026.jpg

Guard support in

IMG_0023.jpg

Guards fully welded all round

IMG_0022.jpg

Side tie points on

IMG_0021.jpg

End box section was a tad short so made this cover thingy outta angle iron

IMG_0020.jpg

Draw bar

IMG_0028.jpg

Towhitch mount. Note: The welded on washer for safety chain mount and using welder to blow hole through the middle. ROugh i thought but it works quite well i was told and it did.

IMG_0032.jpg

Tilting lock pin brackets

IMG_0031.jpg

Pivot point.

IMG_0030.jpg

The trailer

IMG_0029.jpg

When i left today she had been flipped over and i had done all the welding.

Tailgates to make tomorrow.

Galv truck arrives middayish tomorrow so gotta be done by then.

I love it when shit happens quick.

It's probably too late if this has gone off for galvanising already but something to beware of is situations like in this pic:

IMG_0023.jpg

Make sure that you weld all the way around the suspension mounts and anywhere where you have two pieces of metal mated hard up against each other. Water will work its way in there and this will be the first place it rusts out. You can't guarantee that the galv will work its way in there either. For a little extra work now you can significantly increase the life span of the trailer.

Also, do you have a jockey wheel? I have a sweet one that I bought for that trailer project of mine but no longer need...

thanks guys.

Richie: no probs, but im driving.

Cam: welded errrrrrrwhur. Most of weight is prob weld haha.

Was at workshop at 550 this morning, no one else was , went maccas haha.

She was loaded on truck for galv bout an hour ago.

Will chuck pics up once i home and can sit down.

Been flat stick today getting her finished.

Looking good :) I have built a few trailers in my time, and a multi use one is an awesome idea :) I have a plan in my head to do similiar using the dual rears of a Mazda Bongo :)

one thing i would of done a wee bit different is where the bracket for the mud guards come out i would of made them as wide as the mudguards,So that if you clip a post or something the guards are protected :)

IMG_0022.jpg

these bits right out :)

Ok, so after a full day yesterday, i showed up this morning at 5:50am to make sure it was gonna get done.

Got there, boss wasnt there, though he had said hes there from 5.

Went got maccas and came back and fabricatr was there so got started.

630ish to 330 today

So to go with the square box section in each corner i added these each side halfway down to allow for cage or wood supports

IMG_0038.jpg

Tailgates which double as ramps. The angle iron on the ends have a hole drilled in them now and the rear of trailer has a number of them also allowing for width adjustment depending on car

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

The crossbeam on the left will have winch stand bolted on.

The one on right is for deck lift

IMG_0035.jpg

Pics from first thing this morning

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0034.jpg

And loaded up off to galv. At the bottom obviously

IMG_0039.jpg

Will be back next thursday so will start assembly then. Gotta straighten shit out as galv tends to relieve the stresses on the steel they get when formed and shit warps. SLedge hammer, forklift, or hydraulic press should sort it.

Measured up chickitys ute today and compared them to trailer.

A 1989 extra cab courier will have 100mm either side and the back of tray and front bumper hang over a little. Wont be alot that wont fit on it :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Good work man. Actually excited to see the finished product. You should just tow it around empty for a while as a trophy.

Haha, me and stephen reakon we'll load up his seven or 808 and drive around aimlessly just cause

Looking good :) I have a plan in my head to do similiar using the dual rears of a Mazda Bongo :)

one thing i would of done a wee bit different is where the bracket for the mud guards come out i would of made them as wide as the mudguards,So that if you clip a post or something the guards are protected :)

If you had a hub kit that was the same stud pattern then it'd be easy enough. You wouldnt wanna do what some people who use ute trays do and use the diff as axle haha

Not to concerned about it, If you hit a pole hard enough to worry about damaging your guards then the fact they fully protected is probably the least f your worrys.

Dont get me wrong though, i have some sweet as ideas if my budget(and timeframe tbh) was a little more unlimited.

I saw a ute towing a car on a trailer over the harbour bridge and he clipped the concrete lane barriers. Bit of a scuff and a dented guard. If it were to solid id suggest something worse may have happened.

it would/should have just pushed the trailer over and all would have been fine. Thats what they are there for, to either move the pole or move the trailer. Still loving the trailer though :D

Yeha man looks bloody sick. Looks damn heavy duty. You should weigh it. Ask the galv dudes to. Surly they have scales on a lifting device. Would be interesting to know.

If / when I build a car trailer it would definitely be a tandy.

I think they handle better at speed.