EURON8s Car Trailer / Uni project

EURON8

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work man! Looks heavy?

Much prefer single axles myself, but also have an affinity for small cars. Only thing I'd have added would be a removable tyre rack.

Likewise man, the best car trailer I have ever towed is my uncles single axle tilt trailer. The thing is amazing. However, it is designed for wee cars like Alfasud's and KP's.

Nice work man! Looks heavy?

Much prefer single axles myself, but also have an affinity for small cars. Only thing I'd have added would be a removable tyre rack.

Its acually not as bad as i thought, Can lift one end easy enough while the other is on an axle stand.

Will weight it one day.

Yeah 90% of time single axle is prob fine but id hate to build a car trailer of my own and it not cover an array of vehicles.

Yeha man looks bloody sick. Looks damn heavy duty. You should weigh it. Ask the galv dudes to. Surly they have scales on a lifting device. Would be interesting to know.

If / when I build a car trailer it would definitely be a tandy.

I think they handle better at speed.

Fuck yeah, shes strong as (im told by trailer experts)

Tamdem is definatley nice to tow, Stable as, braked helps aswell.

Likewise man, the best car trailer I have ever towed is my uncles single axle tilt trailer. The thing is amazing. However, it is designed for wee cars like Alfasud's and KP's.

We can pick up 2 starlets from palmy with this one :lol:

Went out this morning.

Friday 10 june 730am to 1130am

What it looked like when i got there

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Bolted together the suspension gear. Will grab my whels and tires over the weekend so we can make axles on tuesday.

IMG_0043.jpg

Put drawbar on, assembled locking latches and towhitch

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

WIll do axles and lights on tuesday. prob wont get to the brakes till wednesday.

Have noticed a lack of tie points for a car when the tailgates are on so will need to remedy this or just have somewhere to put tailgates when using it as a car trailer.

• 3 weeks later...

Shit ive been slack, Not with trailer, with uploading pics.

Trailer is pretty much done. i have towed it home. its currently sitting at oldmans workshop waiting for us to chuck some ply down for a deck.

Heres some old photos of assembly, have more on camera of brakes/wiring/ hooked up to truck.

Components

IMG_0050.jpg

HEavy duty axles didnt fit inside axle tube so were mounted on top which also gave it a better ride height. Had to cut them down to clear the spring

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

Welded down with support strap over the top. Not fully welded in the pic.

IMG_0053.jpg

Zinc painted ready to go. Notch cut out so it clears break rotor

IMG_0056.jpg

Testing wheel for axle spacing etc.

IMG_0051.jpg

is that normal practice to weld the stub axle to the bottom of the axle?

I don't know if it is but it just looks unconventional - otherwise its fuckin choice..

Depending on the weight rating of your axles. the bigger ones dont fit inside the tube.

The place i built it at do it occasionally, i guess for certain situations it works.

THe pic of it painted is actually upside down to how it sits on trailer. Axle tube sits under the spring and syubaxle sits on top.

nice work..

man I was gutted when i had mine nicked..

garagepainted3.jpg

probably should build another one although costs will have gone up since 2001 :(

size wise you will be on a winner there, mine had a 3.5x1.8 deck, and was no dramas with most stuff including a LWB ford econovan and a mitsi v3000 s/w..

also had a touch over 3 tonne of builders mix.. 8)

EDIT: Nah Ned never showed up...

axle welding weirded me out. usually when you do that you make sa sweet big web thing that the axle and axle tube gets welded to.

sweet way of getting trailer 2" lower, but I would've thought normal practice would be to scuff some material off the stub so it fits in. when the old man builds em thats what he does.

anyways, choice shit brah. cart some shit around :D

axle welding weirded me out.

I would've thought normal practice would be to scuff some material off the stub so it fits in

Ye thats what I would have thought. Looks like a potential weak point on an otherwise bangin trailer.