Alex's 1968 'oldman special' HB Viva discussion....

yoeddynz

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you have your flow rate at? You can also adjust the regulator pressure down which makes the bottle last a while longer but you'll need to increase this again as the bottle empties. This solves the over enthusiastic hit of argon when you start off.

^ ha. Everyday is a school day. And from now on I won't be able to spot a Pajaro without thinking wanker!

As for flow rates- on steel I have wound the rate right down. I think now about 3l a minute according to my gauge. But think I can even have less? Will wind it down until I get signs of oxygen infiltration.

We need to invest in a Oldschool club argon machine. If you all just put $25,000 into my account I will buy one...

16866644 86986 8772524 87366373

That would be a pretend number...

• 2 weeks later...

I think it should be ok. It will look factory once painted. And is beefier than what Mazda or Vauxhall had. Certainly wont be bending in a hurry!

But I will eat a big egg sandwich if proven wrong. Which won't be too bad..unless the eggs are off.

Nup. Me not likey uncooked.

Soft boiled(proper dark yellow yoked so free range that the chickens can go for 5 mile hikes in the countryside and eat fresh seed dropped from sundried barley in some alpineish region), some toasted vogels, tasty, no even better- vintage cheese (just a sprinkle mind), and a dash of pepper.

• 2 weeks later...

hey coming along quite nicely, is the intake system staying n/a? this should produce awesome induction noises. Brake setup looks good. Did you make that box up yourself for the intake, some mad fab skills and keeping it different which is always good to see. Your tig skills are coming along nicely, time to do some cashies for the locals...

Cheers! I never thought about noise. I guess it might sound quite loud induction wise as maybe that plenum will amplify the sound? Plus a pod filter up near the grill! Cool. I love the sound of my dads V6 Vitara when I cane it hard- suddenly you can hear the engine as normally very quiet.

I did some tig on my exhaust headers last night and after all the alloy work steel is so much easier now. Still not neat enough to do bike frames which is what I want to get into.