Trumpets triumph wagon

EURON8

ohh theres a discussion thread aswell.. now i know

Interesting that a couple of you were looking at getting one, didn't think that there was many wagons still around

That is so sweet! Lower it please and put a nice exhaust tip on.

lowering is the plan, will make a block up for the back at work, I'm looking at some gaz adjustable shocks and springs

sooo cool. I love the fact you can sit on the wheel while you adjust the carb etc. my ex girlfriend owned a herald- we drove it from Blenheim to Queenstown in middle of winter with snowboards sticking out so convertible roof had to stay down. Fuckin cold. Dressed like eskimos. Slept halfway down in some farmers barn. Car used one litre of oil per hundred k's. Great little cars.

• 2 months later...

i used to have a 1200 sedan with 13/60 running gear,learnt to drive in it and everything.they are great little cars,i thought myself how to tune carbs,clean and gap plugs etc on my one,wish i hadnt ruined it by ripping the interior out and leaving it to rot :(.would have another one anyday,and yours is making me want mine back,lol.you planning on keeping it mostly original???

you planning on keeping it mostly original???

i dont think i'm gonna change anything major really, engine swap at somestage but I have a dolomite 1500 lined up that should bolt straight in.

just tried a wheel and tire on earlier and the offset is a bit high. i doubt it would even fit under the back.

looked staunch as a mofo but its a no go

I've read some comments that you have to be careful when dealing with lowering the swing axle rears otherwise you end up upside down in a ditch, as lowering without uprating the spring supposedly increases the tendency for these things to tuck the wheels in under decel/cornering.

Super cool wagon though.

A Vitesse from Retro Rides forum...

DSC_0349.jpg

I've read some comments that you have to be careful when dealing with lowering the swing axle rears otherwise you end up upside down in a ditch, as lowering without uprating the spring supposedly increases the tendency for these things to tuck the wheels in under decel/cornering.

The way I understood it is that lowering helps to fix the problem of 'tucking and jacking', since lowering would give it negative camber. Which would mean you have to have alot more body roll or whatever in order to make the outside wheel get positive camber, or tuck in