KK's Slamiler

KKtrips

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers guys - I am so sick of fabricating - its easy doing one side but then replicating on the other is tedious.. Also my arms and shins have grinding and welding burns, and it sucks but my beard smells like welding/burnt hair

I nearly chucked my toys today doing the mudguards.. But happy with the end result.. Only thing left is wiring and lighting..

p1090464.jpg

p1090470m.jpg

Cheers guys

Rhys - the rearmost is 80mm off the deck and front edge of the main body is 130mm.

It would have been perfect 100-110mm all round if I had welded the top half of the gooseneck where it was supposed to be..

(ie 25mm higher than it is now - I got all excited and only realised I had it in the wrong place just as I finished welding it on which was a LOT of welding)

Ah well if it gets pulled up in WOF I can easily redrill and mount the rear shackles 20mm lower which will lift the rear of the trailer plenty enough (underslung works the opposite of normal suspension - ie lowering blocks actually lift the trailers overall height)