KK's Slamiler

KKtrips

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah if gets to me can cut it down and make some sort of attempt at gas welding it back up for added jeah

But no Lee isnt in Rots yet, however, will maybe be making a trip to Rots and hamilton next wekend to pick up a wag rack and a shed.

can probably bring rack down for you this weekend if you want (if its in hamilton)? as long as it fits on the roof of the avenger

My sweet WOF guy said he is wary about putting a WOF on this.. So I am still 1 stage away from getting this sorted..

All good though - resort to plan B naow (if that doesn't work then it will be plan C's turn then plan D then... well you get it)

Not yet - I'll see him this avo.. I'm guessing it will be cos it just looks like a cop magnet and even though it may be legit he can't be fucked dealing with the drama of being questioned every 5 minutes in Summer cos some cop thinks he knows best..

He is fully GC so it isn't just some dickhead WOF inspector with a bee in his bonnet.

I think that is somewhere around plan F - for FUCK YEAH!!!

(actually thought had crossed my mind but only if I can't sort something else and I am super desperate) <---you never read this line Shaz... :D

Ooooo where is JC right now??? git a Palmy Norf WOF? LOL

They wouldn't, but if things turned ugly big time and a cop pulled you over, found who had wof'd it and tried to take them down, thats when it would really come back to bite you in the arse.

Not saying that I think this thing is particularly dodgy or anything, the way I see it is if the structural welds are sound, it is at or over 100mm and lights/tyres/other wof requirements are legal and ticked off, then theres no reason for anyone to turn it away from a wof. Even the 100mm rule is neglegible because I'm sure that rule is written around cars, but you could probably apply the same rule to any road going "vehicle".

Had a good ol natter to Kev about his concerns and they are...

- a couple of sharp edges - which are easy to sort,

- the mounting of the lights - which is not so easy to sort when the highest point at the rear is lower than the minimum legal height, but I can make a couple of "temporary" stands and mount a light board off them (for WOF time :wink: )

- the general lowness of it is not so much a problem, but as it will attract a LOT of attention from the filth he doesn't want to be the first WOF that set the precedent..

All understandable concerns IMO but he said if I can get a VTNZ WOF and they set the precedent then he is fine with any WOF's from then on..

I told Kev I was cool as a cucumber with all that but I was going to see my backup WOF man cos I didn't have time to deal with VTNZ if they decide to be kernts and make my life just difficult as fuck..

Swung by my backup WOF guy Dennis and he had almost exactly the same concerns but said he will actually jam a WOF on it if I lift the trailer by 20-40mm (which I will do by redrilling the shackles and possibly adding some "lowering" blocks between the spring perch/axle plate and the spring ("lowering" blocks will lift the trailer height) I may still have to mount higher lights etc but at least he has agreed to be the man to give it its first WOF.. (he is an ex certifiier so is fairly confident with rules etc)

So I am booked in for a full WOF check on Monday after work and I will sort shackles and blocks this weekend..

Back on target.... perhaps... YUS

As you say man, pretty understandable really and not too bad a list!

How about just mounting one set of lights that has indicators up higher on stalks, similar to this

156081480_full.jpg

That way you can adjust the height a little lower, or even remove them altogether if you want.

Do you know what the height requirement is for the lights? I'm trawling trailers on trademe to find examples of lights that aren't that high off the ground, just to see what people can get away with generally.