KK's Slamiler

KKtrips

Matthew works at Repco in Upper Hutt :D

Yeah, high five him.

Think I owe him about $100 from random parts.

Sent me new cambelt, tensioner, waterpump, filter and he wont give me his bank account number lol

Sold me a set of 12inch wheels with brand new tyres for a hundred bucks.

Hes the man.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were throwing a 4 burner BBQ out at work which I perked and it got me all excited to actually get some work done on this past Wednesday - now have Mk1 Cortina springs mounted which have eyes at both ends of the spring..

Picked up some new bushes for the frame today and my aim this weekend is to make the shackles and have the suspension all finished.

Also picked up a near new towbar from a Holden wreckers - who knew but Commy wagons from 79 - 97 all use the same towbar part number (its made by Best Bars and certed for heavy towing too) SO will be fitting that this weekend then I can figure out the height of the trailer gooseneck..

Only things to do after that is wiring up the lights, get rego and WOF (plus any WOF repairs like remaking the plates for holding the axle to the spring..)

After that I'll weld on some brackets to carry the tent and BBQ

May/may not be done in time for New Years but getting it Wagnats worthy definitely looks doable now..

Pictures to come - I have my camera with photos on it and camera with me but no cable here to download them. duh..

Yeah the more I look at it the more I realise I need to replace these plates.. (although this is the worst one and the other 3 holes per side are fully within the plate..) So that will happen next week I think..

pc150351.jpg

pc150352.jpg

I drilled some holes through the frame and welded in some crush tubes then made up the shackles and installed them - as you can see I need some spacer washers for the bottom to keep the shackles centralised

pc150354.jpg

pc180361.jpg

pc180357.jpg

But anyhow its rolling now and yes it is quite a bit more slammed than I planned.. (need some taller tyres perhaps?)

pc180363.jpg

Also here is my sweet towbar I got for a lazy hunge - I should be fitting it today but my back is toast.. DAM - Will smash it in on Tuesday night methinks

pc180364.jpg

So cool, enjoying progress on this man.

But anyhow its rolling now and yes it is quite a bit more slammed than I planned.. (need some taller tyres perhaps?)

Could you just make lower profile "hangers" for those leaf springs? Looks like you should be able to take an inch or 2 out of them and still have enough movement there to clear the leafs/chassis.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting business done..

Finish welded all the trailer and it is finally a rolling frame.. also fitted the towbar to the commy (it turns out its exactly the same height as the Citroen- YUS!!) and lined up the drawbar to see what I need to do to gooseneck the trailer.. started cutting the steel to make the gooseneck and ran out of time to weld that on.. That will come tomorrow..

pics for update..

p1030380f.jpg

p1040386p.jpg

p1040381g.jpg

p1040385.jpg

Not much more to go really -

Finish off the drawbar

Tyres onto the rims

Weld 50mm x 50mm mesh to the bottom of the frame

Wiring and mount lights

Mount mudguards (biggest job to go)

Make some kind of rollers so the front/rear of the trailer doesn't drag too badly when it hits the ground

Register and WOF

After all that make some bracketry to hold all the wagcessories I'll be towing with this badboy..

Lame update I know - sorry.. :D

Worked my brains out last night and got this thing towable - went for a hoon around the block and it towed beautifully - albeit unloaded.. So excited I could crap all my pants and yours and still have poop to spare

Anyhow here is a couple of shite pics..

06012011004.jpg

06012011006.jpg

I have some better pics on my camera but technology being teh ghey right now I can't download them at work - will wait till tonight when I'm at my laptop and load some better ones..

PS: I made a mistake and welded the top part of the gooseneck 25mm too low.. doh

I only realised after I had fully welded it in and there ain't no easy way to change that now - (I might end up spacing the tow hitch off the drawbar by 25mm)

oh I see what you did there

Still looks freaken sweet my man, totally jealous if i was looking for a trailer, slash probabaly will be jealous when your all chilled out at wagnats on a bench seat and im sweating my balls off sitting on old crate boxes