nothingsfree's beams dx...

nothingsfree

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oil cooler increase capacity plus cooling?

This is probably the route Im going to take. The decrease in oil is pretty minimal anyway.

Nick, yeah it is something I was wondering about, but I havnt really looked into it. What sort of coin are you looking at for a suitable setup?

yeah ill add an oil cooler too, The accusumps arent too bad, About 200USD for the accumulator (3 Quarts) and about 200USD for the electric pressure switch. The pressure switch electronically controls the accumulator to empty when engine oil pressure drops below a set psi and refills once above it.

They are just a hydraulic accumulator, when the time comes im going to talk to my hydraulic engineer mate as I bet he could whip something up for pretty cheap

• 4 weeks later...
This thing is an exersise in doing things the hard way because of the wheels I wanted to run, and the height I wanted it at, while still making it work properly haha.

haha. I know exactly what you mean. But at the end of the day, that's the whole point of it really.

• 4 weeks later...

i'm speechless...

i like the time and attention you have given this build. The welds look really neat and solid. i'm sure it will turn out great. i plan on doing the same swap > ke70+beams 3s. i dont think i can do it as perfectly as you, but after seeing this, i have to try.

i didnt quite get the mode/car that you got your diff from... which type of dyna was it? dyu know? also, who did for you the tuning on the Link G4? does it come already tuned? do you have plans for a roll cage?

Lastly, do you have any other vids of this build apart from this one? share?

i'm speechless...

i like the time and attention you have given this build. The welds look really neat and solid. i'm sure it will turn out great. i plan on doing the same swap > ke70+beams 3s. i dont think i can do it as perfectly as you, but after seeing this, i have to try.

i didnt quite get the mode/car that you got your diff from... which type of dyna was it? dyu know? also, who did for you the tuning on the Link G4? does it come already tuned? do you have plans for a roll cage?

Lastly, do you have any other vids of this build apart from this one? share?

Cheers bro.

Sorry unsure of what model the diff was out off as i bought it as a bare diff. The engine hasnt been tuned yet, but it will be going to NZEFI when it is ready. Currently it is running on the map that Surfab had on his Link for his 3s. But you can load on a base map that will be enough to get the engine running at least if you buy a Link. Yeah cage is near the top of the to do list now, hopefully in Dec sometime..

No other vids at the mo, but hoping to have an exciting update in the next week or two..

• 3 weeks later...

might be useful in regards to masters,

have bleed mine up and they feel boss!

specs are as follows all on a floor mount pedal box (bar handbrake)

front - FC3S 4 piston - Tilton .625 master

rear - S14 silvia single piston - Tilton .75

handbrake - Tilton .75

clutch - Tilton .70

Wouldn't want it any harder on the front brakes unless you had popeye legs

Sweet, thanks bro.

I ended going and have a yarn to Les Hunter about what would be my best option.

His recommendation with the size of the pistons in my calipers, was to start with a 3/4inch master for both front and rear systems. And then play with the balance bar to figure what feels good, and has a good bias.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just want to say awesome work on your KE70!!! I am very impressed with the work you doing. I am currently building a KE11 with a 3SGE Beams engine and I am very interested in your oil pan mod. Have you had any road/track experience with this setup yet and how much oil capacity did it remove from the system after this mod??? I also need to raise the pan up for clearance issues and think this could possibly be the way to go without building a new pan.

Thanks

Luke

PS. Need more updates :)

Cheers dude, yeah Surfab had a reduced capacity sump in his ae85 (especially after smashing it a few times), and he had no issues with oil pressure etc on the track, and that thing got a hiding.

Didnt bother to measure how much capacity changed, it had to be done regardless to give me some clearance.

I have a bunch of updates that I need to get round to writing up..