Taistorms raging boner

UTERUS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha cheers for all the negative feedback.

Btw the taco is pretty terrible, will be taking it off when i can be fucked, the one on the gauge cluster doesn't work and i spent ages trying to sort it tand i eventually gave up (was actually a gauge from the 1400glx model, why? because i misplaced my original, which didnt have a taco when i started to work on the interior).

as for the paint job was just a cheap can job which cost me a massive $80 and when i get the funds together i will most likely be getting it painted black with a crimson pearl or possibly a bright tangelo orange or wateva.

thought it would of been nice to chuck it on here as it is the only one. also to see what ideas all of you had in mind and helpful tips with the car rather than the majority of which who were being wankers about it.

thanks guys.

haha I was so excited to see a tidy mark 1 mirage until I saw it was painted matt black! I have to ask, what was wrong with the original paintwork? it looked pretty tidy enough! Having said that, I painted one of my cars matt black but the paintwork under it consisted of painted on stripes with house paint and I just wanted to make it all one colour again.

good choice with the engine conversion though, that engine is factory fitted to the turbo version of that in the states, called the Colt. The jap spec turbo version had a 1.4 with suck through carb turbo setup.

if it were me I would try track down a 4G37 engine, it is physically the same engine other than a bigger bore and bigger valves and higher compression ratio (9.1:1) - it would be perfect to attach your turbo manifolds to and would be an instant boost in power. The stock turbo on that 4G32T is a TC04, you could easily bolt on a TC05 or TC06 in its place, though a TD04 from a GSR would be the best choice and would fit with only little modification.

haha I was so excited to see a tidy mark 1 mirage until I saw it was painted matt black! I have to ask, what was wrong with the original paintwork? it looked pretty tidy enough! Having said that, I painted one of my cars matt black but the paintwork under it consisted of painted on stripes with house paint and I just wanted to make it all one colour again.

good choice with the engine conversion though, that engine is factory fitted to the turbo version of that in the states, called the Colt. The jap spec turbo version had a 1.4 with suck through carb turbo setup.

if it were me I would try track down a 4G37 engine, it is physically the same engine other than a bigger bore and bigger valves and higher compression ratio (9.1:1) - it would be perfect to attach your turbo manifolds to and would be an instant boost in power. The stock turbo on that 4G32T is a TC04, you could easily bolt on a TC05 or TC06 in its place, though a TD04 from a GSR would be the best choice and would fit with only little modification.

well sorry bout letting you down, if i brought the exact same car recently i definately would of kept the original paint job bu as a first car i was soo eager just to muck around with it and what not.

as for the engine i had been looking for a veeery long time trying to find a 4g37 but they are so rare nowadays and if i brought 1 through dodsons it would of made a massive dent in my bank account where as the 4g32bt popped up for only $100 which was a steal for the condition. Im stripping it down within the next few weeks and gonna be cleaning it up, replacing all the gaskets, seals, cambelt and tensioner and flick a new coat on all the parts. was thinking a black theme with the rocker cover and turbo powder coated in either fluorescent orange or pink.

cheers for the extra info, all is appreciated. was planning on putting either a tc06 or td04 .

thanks

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN;

http://blog.retro-classics.co.nz/?p=1925

im pretty sure that was the 'pocket rocket' colt, not 100% sure tho but they were a limited addition colt only released in the states correct me if im wrong?

well sorry bout letting you down, if i brought the exact same car recently i definately would of kept the original paint job bu as a first car i was soo eager just to muck around with it and what not.

Just have fun with it man, matte black, tint the windows and chuck on a meke big bore! even if you kept it stock standard and mint it will only ever apeal to fuel anyway.

Also the title of the thread makes me laugh every time i read it