Taistorms raging boner

UTERUS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have this up at mine at the start of next week!

Gotta bit of cash lying around right now so will be getting alot of shit done quickly I hope.

LOL dont worry there will be no painting haha, apart from a few bits that need to be straightened out and repainted.

Love this thing man. Regarding the rust, I wonder if its worth taking it to a decent wof inspector to see what they think. I actually think it could be a bit more serious than you think, but should be fixable without too much issue I would have thought.

Haha yea its sweet isnt it?

To be honest I dont think it's THAT bad. I'm no expert but it looks as if you could easily cut it out and weld in a new plate for the doors on the two of the worst in the engine bay and the rest is only surface rust. Will ask around though and see what others think first before I do anything.

oh shit, I said rust but I was meaning the chassis/structural dent. Yeah, the rust is definitely sortable. Those doors will be tricky, but have seen much worse tackled successfully. I was just meant to say that you'll need to sort out that chassis dent to be able to get a wof, but you might as well just have a yarn to them before hand to see if its worth bothering, as its very hard to tell from that pic.

Oh yea I see. Definately will be talking to professionals about the chassis kink shortly. Was a bitch trying to get a good angle for the camera as the exhaust was in the way :S.

Does anyone roughly know how much it would cost to get such chassis damage rectified?

• 5 months later...
BRIGHT! are you going to mount those as pictured - looks like you can mount the centrepiece from the back on those (flat surface on the face where the bolts/nuts go) for a bit more offset.

i just had a 2nd look,im with XSsteve/speed,id try them with a spot of dish before you decide how to bolt them together for good :)

and looks like the powdercoaters did a bloody good job 8)

I cant flip the centers as the mounting surface on the front ain't flush and I cant bolt them on the inside because of the same reason and it wont fit through the middle of the band. Keep in mind these are only two piece wheels. These wheels are +38 If I went for a lower offset the wheels would poke soooo far out of the front guards. Gotta run spacers on the rear to try get them flush-er with the fronts.