Taistorms raging boner

UTERUS

Serious, 4G37s hard to find? They were in almost just about every single Mitsubishi model in the 1980s - Chariots, Cordias, Tredias, FWD Sigmas, Galants, Eternas etc. If you are in Auckland there was at least two in the pick a parts, I'm sure Avondale had one and so did Mangere, possibly Takinini too.

There's even one here on Trademe too - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 909986.htm

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yea will most likely be keeping it for a few more years and get it all sussed out and looking brand new.

wow, was unaware of how many cars actually had a 4g37, thought it was only the cordias and tredias. my bad! :oops: well ill just stick to the g32bt for the moment but may eventually upgrade to the g37. Is there anywhere that sells 4g32bt exhaust manifolds or would i need one to get custom made for it?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Cool car these, my first car was a kermit green 79 mirage with the split shift 1400, went pretty well for a first car, and had the most pimp worthy interion in the world, white vinyl with black and white houndstooth fabric on the seats.

My best mate had virtually the identical car in burnt orange, from memory the number plates and build differed by about 30, must of come off the assembly line at about the same time and gone straight to the same dealer.

Wish i'd kept mine it was pretty tidy, and there aren't many around any more...

man buzzy you got reflexes, older bro's 1st car was one of these and he went to Mag n Turbo and ticked up some black reflexes... (this has gotta be like near on 15years ago...) and sprayed his matt black too, altho in his defence it was primer grey in the front panels.

Should swap the mags for something a bit more subtle/wide. Ive seen a couple of cool ones of these around, when I first saw the mattyb paint job I cringed but it seems as if these opinionated OS lads are setting you on the right path :D

Do what you want to it, just never forget how hard to come by old mint cars with low kays are. Considering engine swap and spraycan paint were on the cards you could have started with a much shitter base and still ended up with the same car for the same money, just without getting rid of yet another minter that somebody else could have kept pristine..

Looking forward to seeing turbs motor in there for some reverse donuts

Im sorry i dont live up to your standards uterus but to be honest, i dont really care. Im only 17 and still have much to learn. Would of been mint to keep classic and in premo condition but seeing as it technically is my first car im bound to play around with it. I have little experience when it comes to can bombing and i didnt have a compressor/spray gun kit at the time. with the help of my mate we were really quite amazed at how well it came out , ashame i didnt prep it well enough (which caused it to flake in areas after about 7 months) and miss use of engine degreaser which has stripped areas of paint.

I really wanted to go for some more oldschool dished rims, maybe of mesh design but these wheels came up with what i believe was a pretty good price considering how much trademe browsing i had done and seeing as i had the money at the time. They look a lot better compared to what i had on before though, Alot better :) . After i get the damn thing lowered i think it will look hellovalot better so all goods.

Really want to pick up a minter with the supershifter one day, had a jam on my mates and was amazed out how fun it was to drive compared to my standard 4 speed transmission.

Yo Tim i remember you telling me bout your brothers rage with the black reflexes, completely forgot about it until just now actually. tis pretty buzzy. anychance you got any pics of it hiddin somewhre? keen to have a gander !

churr

wtf do you wanna buy wheel spacers for?? fwd offset on fwd car = fine. Dont space them out :?

And with regards to your talk of this car being "classic" if it wasnt fucked with, this series of mirage is still a dime a dousen, and the onyl one who would really like it standard is fuel ( :lol: ) so go for your life and mod the crap out of, cut the roof off and have something really different

Firstly, he clearly stated they were rubbing on his strut. This could be overcome by a narrower tyre with a smaller profile, or more easily with small spacers, even if they aren't totally legal.

Secondly, don't try and validate your opinion by assuming others share it. it may be that plenty of people on here would appreciate it stock. Just not you, apparently, and that is A-OK

Woah chill out, firstly sorry for not reading every word in a pretty unintersting build thread, and secondly i was joking with someone i know. I couldnt give 2 shits what anyone on this forum thinks of my opinion. Whatever someone says on here will not effect the real world so why get bent out of shape over it :rolleyes:

You must live a fairly stressed out life H8V8s fella. Always seem to be on the rag about something.

Yuh I agree with everyone that it looked miles better when you got it, but hey, i was guilty of ruining my first car because I wanted to look choice on $50 a week.

Will be cool if you go all the way and give it a proper paint job.

messing around with your first whip is the best way to eventually learn what counts as tasteful modding and what doesn't! Even if said whip gets ruinated in the process.

I remember the fun I had 'doing up' my first proper car (a 1982 Ford Laser GL) on $50 a week, if even that. Didn't go quite far as painting the whole thing black with spraycans, but came close trying to disguise bad bog jobs in a few key places :lol:

• 7 months later...

Let this man do what he likes!!! Hell i had a 83 nissan langley as my first car was turbo'd but that blew up got it for 50 bucks and painted two massive red strips down the middle of it shame on me!!! It had some random deep dish wheels on it too haha. Thankfully for yours and my sake I rolled it off a cliff nearly killing myself. Luckily I lived and car died. Lesson one my friends dont do stripes on a gay car haha