• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

impact1.JPG

impact2.JPG

damage is:

- hub lower arm mount point is snapped off completely, and still bolted to the lower arm itself

- caliper lower mount bolt sheard off and is still stuck in the hub

- caliper itself is cracked from being twisted with a rotor still in it

- rotor/drumbrake/all components are grenaded

- mag attempting to look like pacman

what looks fine is:

- both lower arms

- trailing arm

- upper A arm (all saved by being on balljoints hence being able to bend about once the lower arm hub mount snapped off)

- coilover

- halfshaft (possibly...)

car is towed to slipway HQ temporarily - i intended to try to fix it there but theres no space, and its been raining like a bitch and car is out in the open on the shared driveway. so ive bitten the bullet and will cough up to tow it again to a proper shop to get repaired.

Oh man, that damage sucks.. i did the exact same thing in my old MR2.. snapped a 3 day old wheel clean in half :( however your damage looks far worse.. i guess thats what happens when theres no engine to push back when the curb gets in the way.

either way thats one of the nicest jzx100s ive seen, its so clean and makes me wish i was richer :lol: btw. you wouldn't happen to sell the garage slipway decals to non members? i love the whole Japanese style indie drift team thing.

• 1 month later...

quick update, the chaser is fixed again, and back on the road. was a huge mission trying to get jzx100 turbo parts to replace the smashed hub and brake components, especially when finding out that jzx90/100 parts, while interchangable, are not actually the same. end result is a frankenstien of 90/100 parts and turbo/nonturbo parts.

anyway its done now, took her down to the viaduct to piss around with some photos during a brief bit of sun that came out on sunday for 5 mins inbetween massive weatherstorms and earthquakes and whatever else is happening these days

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2004.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2009.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2008.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2016.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2011.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2022.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2027.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2032.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2033.JPG

100926%20-%20viaduct%20shoot%2025.JPG

hardparking with my brother’s new euro L ;p

next up – have just purchased a walbro 500hp in-tank to replace the struggling stock 1G pump, this is going in with the SAFC and couple of other tidy-up mods, package is going in for proper tuning and see what it will do reliably at about 1bar or so. will keep ya’s posted.

• 2 weeks later...

TBH it really depends on your monitor - it looked like a greeny yellow on my monitor at home, here at work it looks like a vivid tangelo, and from all the other responses it must look like a million other shades as well

however the intent was a greeny yellow, and i think what i was after was a richer hue of the BMW M3 Mustard Yellow - you know what im talking about. ill work on getting the Wolf S36's first, then get that CarModify Wonder kit i was looking at before, and drop it all off at GT Refinishers and get grant to work his magic for some perfect fitment

anyway im just feeling the colour contrast, looks like fun yknow. just want to get in and drive it looking at that photochop - i believe this sensation is known as inspiration :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...