SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I been talking to a few people & tuners, know roughly where the AFR's should be for the run in, know that in theory I should run 0-5 psi for first 500kms, then 5-10 for 2nd 500kms, then 20psi or more after the run it.

Things that I'd be asking would be:

If AFR's were out do you know how to edit the fuel map for ecu?

How will you limit boost to those figures?

I imagine you will need different fuel maps for different boost levels?

Can you resist urge to do a skid?

Thats where I reckon I'd come unstuck tbh

Things that I'd be asking would be:

If AFR's were out do you know how to edit the fuel map for ecu? YES

How will you limit boost to those figures? ECU has a boost cut function / EBC

I imagine you will need different fuel maps for different boost levels? Can re-tune using laptop

Can you resist urge to do a skid? NO

Thats where I reckon I'd come unstuck tbh

Plus, with a wideband with display unit on it full time you would know if it was leaning out

So fitted new plugs & had a play around with it yesterday, finally got it to Idle sweet & it is no longer chucking massive amounts of fuel out of the exhaust.

Also got around to hooking up the gearbox & ABS loom under the car.

Fixed a couple of oil leaks that were comming from fittings that wern't quite tight enough.

So this week I'll put the front cross member back in, mount the AST on it, rip out the radiator as theres a pin sized hole in it. Get the final intercooler pipe tigged up. Re assemble & then I just need to save up for a dyno tune.

• 1 month later...
Next step is to:

Find a manual accelerator bracket (somehow I ended up with an auto one..),

Wire in the wideband

Figure out what to do with the fuel tank vent

Tighten up wastegate V bands as they are leaking

Tig up pin hole in radiator

Tig up final intercooler pipe

Rebuild left rear adjustible

Lip front factory guards

Replace Gearbox & Diff oils

Put the interior back in / new 6s & 6x9s

Replace waterpump & new alternator - WP pulleys

Get Turbo timer & wire in

Get Apexi RSM & Wire in

Get Apexi AVC-R & Wire in

Bleed Brakes

Mount Boost Gauge in A piller

Mount Wideband in A piller

Purchase & mount Oil Temp gauge in A piller

Bleed Power Steering

Dyno tune

Cert

Wof

Reg

Run in...

Still a long way untill she's road worthy.

Picked up an Apexi AVC-R (Boost Controller) off Sentra in the weekend, this is 90% plumbed and wired in, only decided where to mount it last night, just needs a quick tidying up of the wires to the control unit & she's good to go.

Bought a 3 gauge A piller mount, A bit rice for my liking but I need it for the Boost & Wideband, also decided that I'll also get an Oil Temp gauge sometime in the future.

Just waiting on a couple of small things, then will take a day off work and get the I/C pipe sorted. Once that's done, I can take it for a dodgy road tune :D

I been talking to a few people & tuners, know roughly where the AFR's should be for the run in, know that in theory I should run 0-5 psi for first 500kms, then 5-10 for 2nd 500kms, then 20psi or more after the run it.

Wastegate spring is 6psi, so this is the minimum I can run for the run in tune, should be alright.

Going to limit myself to 18psi max, as I don't want to overstress the block.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had it running sans intercooler piping last time I was over in hamilton. Running at an afr of 10.8:1 or richer, hopefully will get last intercooler pipe sorted tomorrow. Once that's done it will be ready for a basic road tune, then Dyno tune when money allows.

On a side note, have been offered to swap this for an RX8 with once it's dyno tuned - the guy is a car dealer who wants to do a couple more things to it before it goes for a cert.. Tempted although havn't sighted the car yet.

Had it running sans intercooler piping last time I was over in hamilton. Running at an afr of 10.8:1 or richer, hopefully will get last intercooler pipe sorted tomorrow. Once that's done it will be ready for a basic road tune, then Dyno tune when money allows.

On a side note, have been offered to swap this for an RX8 with once it's dyno tuned - the guy is a car dealer who wants to do a couple more things to it before it goes for a cert.. Tempted although havn't sighted the car yet.

Unless its a turbo 8 like one i wanted to buy then dont.

I took a mildy modified 8 for a burn when i had my batty and its just not as much fun aye. And my batty was factory-ish enginewise , not a bridgeturbo :D

All the pieces are at the workshop, just need to head back over to Hamilton, put the last intercooler pipe on & road tune the bish :D

Yea, 8s are a little gutless, but keep in mind I've been driving a 4age for the last two years.

Will keep the Bat for awhile yet, mate is in no rush to swap.

I was talking to a chap down here about the RX8 and how they were, he said "slow" even the fancy supercharged(?) kit thing he had on the one he was driving was average as all hell. Nice car but nothing special. Looked choice though with subtle kit, etc. However. Nothing on the seven with the same, just newer, heavier & slower. Why bother, I say.

I was talking to a chap down here about the RX8 and how they were, he said "slow" even the fancy supercharged(?) kit thing he had on the one he was driving was average as all hell. Nice car but nothing special. Looked choice though with subtle kit, etc. However. Nothing on the seven with the same, just newer, heavier & slower. Why bother, I say.

The Renesis engine doesn't respond well to modifications. And the RX8 is heavy.

But I like them, and that's good enough for me.

Hoping to get over to Hamilton next weekend & put the piping on. And if the guy with the laptop & tuning software are available I may be able give it a base road tune depending on how the leg cast > clutch pedal relationship works out.

• 2 weeks later...

Went over this weekend & got it pretty much complete.

Everything to do with the engine is finished :D

Decided against road tuning, no wof or reg is $600 in fines, and for that amount of money I can get a basic dyno tune.

Having a bit of a clutch issue, think the slave is leaking, but ran out of time to investigate fully.

Now I just need to work out who can dyno tune it.