SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shite, seen that site before, sooo many goodies on there that I want.

I know Endevour Engineering does a gilmour drive set for a S6, so might have give them a call & see what the go is.

More money.....

K, so she's almost ready to go. Dash is back in loosely. Still need to sort my WP, but thats not important right now.

Dash currently has no imputs, so I'm going out to the lock up tonight to grab my two series 6 looms.

I need to find the plugs / wiring from the pressure / temp senders & gearbox

(gearbox plugs also have ABS wiring incorporated into them)

I then need to splice these into the new loom for the Microtech so that I have one output going to the Microtech & one to the dash plug.

Yay, time to play with a bird's nest

So close today. Have 4 wires left to terminate. Then have to run all of the vacuum lines & cap the ones I won't need. Plug in laptop, use said laptop to check coils & injectors... then start the bitch!!

Could't get laptop this afternoon & am having my leaving drinks tonight so that's why we called it a day.

So, I'm selling the C-West Kit, think I'll roll factory front bumper. Might replace the black under bumper with a Series 8 one, but undecided.

makethumbimage.jpg

Thinking of these FEED side skirts & maybe the rear under tray. Definately no wing.

K, so I whipped out to the workshop at lunch.

All the wiring is done for the Microtech, alternator, Water temp & Oil Pressure dash gauges are wired.

My brother Matt was wiring up the tacho & low water sensor when I was there.

So this afternoon Mark from DRS is comming out to drop off an engine / will con him into helping us run the vacuum lines & test the wiring/coils/injectors with the laptop.

On the weekend i poured 40 litres of 98 + some Castrol R30 into her. So it has fuel.

Must flush fuel lines

Still have to wire up the ABS and gearbox. Should be fairly straight foward as I'm pretty sure the ABS loom can be easily seperated from the factory loom. Gearbox I'm not so sure as I think it's wired from Sender Unit > Factory FD ECU > Dash. Will investigate further.

Also have the intercooler pipe tacked up, but needs a tweak before it can be tigged & then polished, will need to take the car to the boys at Diesel Turbo & Automotive for this.

Also still really need to get the following:

Electronic Boost Controller

Apexi RSM

New adjusties (Have noticed a slight leak in the rear left shock)

Turbo timer

Left door insert needs to be re surfaced to match the rest of my new interior

TUNE

Certification

Wof

Rego

K so we decided to prime all the systems,

1. Cranked it over & ran up the oil pressure -OK

2. Filled it with water & let it sit for the last week - 2 small leaks, hoses clamps wern't tight enough - FIXED

3. Today we decided to test fuel pump & fuel lines - Primary fuel rail is leaking out of where the fitting is welded into the rail. FUCK - Can anyone tig??

Good news is that we know the fuel pump works & all the lines are sweet. Can't set Fuel pressure intill this is fixed.

Yup, have a full set of 16 x 8s with a +50 or +30 offset, can't remember which..

2 are getting drag radials, other two will be getting some semi slicks.

Because the 16s wont fit over the front brakes