SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2JZ have been done, you have to put a sizeable buldge in the bonnet to make them fit though + being cast Iron would upset the weight balance.

If you read up in this months NZPC some american guy has done a 1JZ-GTE vvti swap into a batty. I like the idea of having the reliability, but ever since I was 15/16 I've wanted a pulsing batty. Dream's close to becomming a reality.

But I do agree, there are alot of meatheads out there that own rotarys, they're the same people that cut springs, and drive bongo vans.

Aite, so friday afternoon went to tow it back to my place so I could work on it over the weekend. Brake pedal went straight to the floor :( After ages of trying to figure out what was wrong with the brakes my brother discovered a leaking Clutch slave cylinder, which uses the same master reservoir as the brakes. So towed it to my place, and got stuck in saturday morning.

Dropped the dummy block in.

Fitted the intake manifolds & compression tube.

Fitted cheap trademe exhaust manifold for mock up purposes.

Removed body kit & put factory gurads on - will roll factory mazda stz untill I can afford to paint the bodykit

Moment of truth - would the turbo fit where we needed it to.. YES. theres 3mm clearance on one side, 5 mm clearance on the other. Will need to fit an engine torque dampener thingy so the turbo wont bash the strut tower under load.

Plumbed up the intercooler, got all the pipes between cooler & intake done, just need to make a pipe up for the turbo to cooler & it's all plumbed. :D

Also fitted up the old radiator to find that I may have some slight clearance issues. Also found that one of the mounts goes to where the the barrery is supposed to sit. So will have to relocate the battery in boot.

Pulled out the original fuel pump & sender unit, will modify the original brackets for this so I can mount the 044 in tank this week.

Picked up my secondary fuel rail, just needs brackets welded on to it & it will be good to go. Getting a primary rail made up this week.

Sunday my brother came round and ran all of the wiring for the new ECU & Ignitor. Dummied up where the coils will mount (will mount these when the engine is out). Mounted ECU & Ignitor as well.

So this week I have to:

Get primary fuel rail made up.

Get a full 3 inch exhaust fitted.

Relocate battery into boot

Buy new intake & exhaust gaskets.

Fit BOV to intake piping

If all goes according to plan I pick up my actual block on Sunday morning, which means that if me & the boys get stuck in we should have first start up on the base tune map this sunday night :D:D:D

EDIT** Did take a couple of pics will post them up when I get them off the camera.

Had chat to Coby, they want the 7 at their workshop @ 5am tomorrow. But this means the exhause & intercooler piping will be finished nice & early.

Will post pics tonight you impatient bastard / giz a ryd in this JZX you have previously spoken of.

Had a hiccup with the pics, was workn on car till 11 last night getting it ready for this morning.

Had another small Hiccup as well. A Vband Clamp & flange was not supplied with my turbo so I have to hurriedly find one this morning. Also found out that the guy who will actually be making my exhaust is leaving Work at 4:00pm Thursday, might not have it all done & won't be returning to work untill the 30th of January, after being told that it would definately be done :evil:

Told him to focus on dump pipe & wastegate piping for now, so if it isn't all done it should be a nice easy job to weld in 2 mufflers & some straight pipe.

Good news is that my actual block should be put together friday & ready to drop in first thing Saturday.

Woulda been way easier with a 4barrel...

Go back to your 12a :D

That's three days to get it done bro, surely that's more than enough.

Quite tight when hes doing it between booked proper customer jobs, but it does look promising.

Found a V-band clamp & flange (Thanks Sinco Customs) & dropped it off at Coby at lunch. He has already welded up the rear part of the exhaust, the bullet, the Maztech muffler & the tip, cut & welded the V band for the wastegate & mounted said wastegate. So all he needs to do now is the dump pipe & wastegate piping. That's the tricky part.

Now I have to go wave money in front of my tuner & convince him to tune it over xmas :doubt:

SHIT IS GETTING DONE!!

Exhaust & wastegate piping & intercooler piping = done!!!

New Radiator showed up & its bigger / different mounts to the factory radiator

So saturday I have to:

Remove dummy block

Drop in new block

Wire mutiple things

Sort fuel rails & hoses

Mount Radiator

Sort radiator plumbing

Sort oil hoses to & from turbo

Mount & connect power steering

Machine up some blank off plates for the un used emissions gear

Drop 044 in tank

Fill with oil

Fill with coolant

Start the bitch!!!

fill with water

No sicky tomorrow as it's the work function tonight (read: Free piss & food @ 2 pubs in town :D ) but won't have the block untill late tomorrow afternoon / saturday morning anyway.

**EDIT: conned tomorrow off of work :D

Also realised we have to pull the dash out to wire up factory rev counter.

Some good news though, brother's boss was nice enough to let me use his workshop for the weekend = Hoist & Gantry Crane FTW.

So if it get's started this weekend @ everything is sweet, it's all down to getting it tuned this week & then somehow getting a wof without a cert.. Anyone got any hookups?