SHGWAG's FD3S

SHGWAG

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is the havik site still up?i cant seem to find it these days..

thought 'are you spelling it right?'

then had mad deja vu, anyone else get that???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Long Time, no update,

This things been sitting for awhile.

Sold the GT45 Turbo & 4x 1680cc injectors to my brother for his KE25 12a PP turbo project.

Had a re-think on where I wanted to go with the project.

Decided a GT37 would better suit street driving, so thats what I'm heading for.

Also means I won't need to spend as much on the fuel setup etc.

Waiting untill March when I'll be debt free so I can rip into this thing again.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I bit the bullet & bought a brand spanking new S8 block, its currently pulled down being bridgeported.

Sold my excessively large throttle body to my brother as well.

Should be alot of progress on this over the next few weeks, planning on having it all in and running before new years if I manage to sell my 7A and can do a good enough deal on the required parts.

Stay tuned kiddies

LOVE,

SHGWAG

Well, I bit the bullet & bought a brand spanking new S8 block, its currently pulled down being bridgeported.

Sold my excessively large throttle body to my brother as well.

Should be alot of progress on this over the next few weeks, planning on having it all in and running before new years if I manage to sell my 7A and can do a good enough deal on the required parts.

Stay tuned kiddies

LOVE,

SHGWAG

I always thought pretty good streetable power could be amde on the Stock series 7 and even more so 8 motors

So whats the point in pulling down a brand new motor jsut at add a bridge port?

Couldn't the money be better spent in other areas?

Got the porting at no extra cost as part of the deal + if you own a rotary, it may as well pulse like a bitch. This is also the reason why I sold my 80mm throttle body & I'm not splashing out on a Greddy compression tube.

Bought some goodies... (Thanks NZ Performance)

Microtech LT10s

X4 Ignitor

Tial 44mm Wastegate

Tial 50mm BOV

Sard 8mm Fuel Pressure Reg.

Bosh 044 Fuel Pump

Masterpower GT37

Turbo Beenie

What's left to buy:

Bosch Coils

Boost Controller

Injectors

Custom Manifold & Dump pipe

Alloy Radiator

What's already been done:

Intercooler & Piping

Re-mount factory radiator

Excedy Clutch & Pressure plate

Stay Tuned...

Ah sweet all good

Was just curious as if I brought a brand new crate engine the last thing I'd be doing is pulling it to bits just to make some extra noise but each to there own :)

Nice parts purchased, so long as the engine builder isn't a Cow Boy should make good power

Plus it will pulse which means picking up STD's should be extra easy :)

my thoughts

HELLO secondhand housing gasket spec fail a-la most rotoary homos

also bridgey fc's and fd's jsut lol me. stage two max plz/harden up and run stock ports + 15psi more than you wanted to, to overcome restrictions etc

tbh pos engines is where its at, although this is shaping up nice and tyte

matt black

Right, so the GT37 arrived last night - Tiny compared to the old GT45 I had, but it should work with my trademe special exhaust manifold - will get a decent one later on down the track.

Ordered 3 core aluminium radiator this morning, should arrive on Monday.

Due to a tightness in the funds department I am using my brothers 800cc primary & 1680cc secondary injectors. Will need to get new fuel rails made up for these. Will also borrow his bosch coils for the time being.

Car is going to the workshop & dummy block is going in this weekend so I can work out where radiator hoses & intercooler piping need to go. Hopefully can get an exhaust made up for it next week.

Have also pulled off the Kit, and am going to cut the factory bumper to fit over radiator as it looks slightly queer being white & red.

Time is getting tight, but still on track to have this thing going by new years, cross fingers.

Also bridgey fc's and fd's jsut lol me. stage two max plz/harden up and run stock ports + 15psi more than you wanted to, to overcome restrictions etc

Generally agreed, bridgeys dont suit new school rotors i.m.o. Plus running turbo is just as/more effective with a big stage port, and newer blocks have huge end plate ports anyway

Got the porting at no extra cost as part of the deal + if you own a rotary, it may as well pulse like a bitch.

I cant help but feel that 90% of rotary owners have no interest / knowlodge of the motor's uniqueness bar the sound that comes from the exhaust pipe?

Sweet build here, have always wanted a batty.

Would probably put a 1u in it though. The one at the hill climb was nuts.

EDIT: You're obviously the other 10% SHGWAG :rolleyes: