Richy's 2001 Honda Torneo Euro R (CL1)

Snoozin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Jarred's trackday came and went. I decided kind of at the last minute to have a blat, got 3 sessions out of it and then this happened. Really finicky annoying as hell.

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01940.jpg

The little cap screw securing the pulley onto the butterfly shaft must have loosened itself over some time, and as a result the pulley cam off as I was exiting turn 4, pedal dropped to the floor and it started idling. As such, I lost a few little parts from between the pulley and the throttle body itself - most importantly a return spring, which appears to be quite a bespoke item for the Skunk2 t/b's. Nevermind. Rangi-modded a throttle return courtesy of some cable ties and a random spring that D had, and got it home. Now it's sitting in the shed awaiting a proper part so I can return it to it's former glory.

Here's a photo of it, being shiny. Hondata sticker on the front bumper is now goooooonnne.

DSC01851.jpg

Haha all good man I knew someone would have a pic of it on tow :lol:

My parts arrived today!!! Fit them tonight and we'll be rocking again/still leaving it in the garage and taking the mighty economical Starlet/Cant cause I should be slamming said Starlet and installing 5K

• 1 month later...

Yuh, tight valve clearances, plus seriously fouled plugs and I suspect a dubious compression tester (saw 160psi even on all 4 when cold with a diff tester) it's running like a charm now... will be throwing it at a dyno in September, I doubt it's making 160kw as per it's old dyno chart but I'd like to hope it'll be 150ish.