Richy's 2001 Honda Torneo Euro R (CL1)

Snoozin

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

east tamaki powder coaters are fucking well priced at the moment, have been getting a few things powder coated for work lately and they are always substantially cheaper.

they've got acid dipping baths too so it would all be one price. presumably you can acid dip an alloy?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well,

Today has not been a good day... the car has been plagued with starting problems for the last 6 weeks or so, it has finally given up on starting and I have totally run out of ideas - have checked igintion, fuel, timing etc the works and all is well.

So I take it down to Speedworks (local tuner/workshop) and receive a call this morning saying my compressions are not so flash (150-100-100-120) and the leakdown test has revealed the compression drop seems to be caused by leakage through the inlet valves...

Also Brent @ Speedworks noted that the fuel pressure is too high, (70psi) this could be a cause for the high fuel usage and overfuelling at light load.

Watch this space - it may be cause for my first thorough engine rebuild.

Well,

Today has not been a good day... the car has been plagued with starting problems for the last 6 weeks or so, it has finally given up on starting and I have totally run out of ideas - have checked igintion, fuel, timing etc the works and all is well.

So I take it down to Speedworks (local tuner/workshop) and receive a call this morning saying my compressions are not so flash (150-100-100-120) and the leakdown test has revealed the compression drop seems to be caused by leakage through the inlet valves...

Also Brent @ Speedworks noted that the fuel pressure is too high, (70psi) this could be a cause for the high fuel usage and overfuelling at light load.

Watch this space - it may be cause for my first thorough engine rebuild.

Damn man thats not cool, are you going to consider exciting bits inside or just stock rebuild?

Damn man thats not cool, are you going to consider exciting bits inside or just stock rebuild?

I'll probably stick with a stock bottom end tbh, I'm not chasing mega kw and somewhere in the 150's would see me right, stock bottom end is more than capable. Of course, it will all depend on what's revealed once the engines out and I know what I am dealing with. I think head wise, I will be investing in new valves, possibly springs and retainers and there is a likely chance I'll bung some more agressive cams in there for good measure - all budget determined however. I can't see if being TOO worn, it's only done 132km so yeah... we shall see.

Sorry to hear that man. Could be a chance for some interesting bits?

Hope it works out well - let me know if I can help out with any bits.

I'll let you know... I might actually get you to price up gasket sets and the like ex-Japan, who knows it could be marginally cheaper hah.

I'm gonna need a 2nd job to afford this if I want it done sooner rather than later!!!

Are they shims and buckets on these??

I feel On top of the compressions varying a reasonable amount, those compressions are quite low all over... I trust after the initial compression test he squirted a slpurgh of oil down the bore and rechecked the compressions?

Also were compressions done hot or cold?