Richy's 2001 Honda Torneo Euro R (CL1)

Snoozin

I got this. Only pic I have of it right now.

Dsc01787.jpg

2001 Honda Torneo Euro R (made after the Y2K bug so it's future proof as)

I'm the second NZ owner, the guy before me did a whole lot of stuff to it.

Dsc01794.jpg

H22A-R with disgusting bright red cam cover

Ported/polished head

40 thou planed off head

Ferrea valve upgrade

Skunk2 valve springs

Skunk2 titanium retainers

Skunk2 Pro series inlet manifold - port matched

Skunk2 Pro series 70mm :!: throttle body

TRR 4-2-1 headers - port matched

2.5" loud-spec undertank exhaust

Hondata S300 ECU

Cold air intake w/cold air box and custom bumper ducting

MSD ignition

Solid urethane engine mounts

Fidanza lightweight flywheel

Puck clutch

T2W4 helical LSD gearbox (rebuilt)

D2 platform adjustables

Brembo front 300mm rotors

Hawk HP+ pads on all 4 corners

EP3 Civic Type R 17" wheels

It's a bloody nice rapid cruiser, ran 164kw atw and has done a 14 flat quarter @ 102mph. Next development is to get the suspension how I like it - this is going to mean camber kits front and rear (will need to fabricate, not much is available for the CL1 chassis) so I can set it up to be relatively taily and give super duper turn in.

Taking it to Manfeild on Sunday to compete in the 4 n Rotary Jamboree Superlap event. Won't be fast but dead keen to get some track time with it. Also came with spare 17" Civic rims as on the car normally with Toyo R888 semis.

Enjoying owning a Honda again.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are the boxes a bit weak? sounds mint. when does it make power? rev limit? Bet it sounds choooice.

5th gear synchro's have a habit of pooing their pants, which results in wear on 5th and reverse gears...

Revlimits about 8300rpm, makes nice gobs of power from around 4500, I rev it to 8000 generally. It's fucking loud.

Sold the ITR a while back, Ronny was probably the faster track car it was a lot more chuckable, the Euro is quite heavy and you notice it going into corners. It does however have a way more flexible torque band, and would have stomped on Ronny top end wise.

I think with some suspension tuning it will become a lot more formidable, it's been about 8 years since I drove on Manfeild so for essentially a first time out in a car I've owned for less than a month, I'm happy with the time I managed to get out of it.

I reckon with some more experience, and a brush up on my skills it has a mid-high 1:26 in it, was running on semi slicks front, Direzza road tyres on the rear which was actually quite weird.

Silly sticker across the front windshield was event sponsors.

You should have asked for a free link in that case!

It looks real flat on the corners. Kind of jelous of such a lush/fast/dorty daily.

I was surprised how flat it cornered, race weight would have been approx 1400kg with me, 3/4 tank of fuel, and all fluids in it. I ran it with full interior, including spare wheel mostly cos I cbf stripping it cos it'll just rattle when I put it back together.

:P It's interesting seeing the different reactions between real racers and boy racers toward that time... boy racers = "1:28 is rel slow aye! My BF did a 1:15.2 in his Evo7 with 280KW atw" (He actually did a 1.18.5)...

Where as anyone who knows the track and what it's like taking road cars out there respect that a 1:28 is fast for a heavy NA road slug. Do agree that it has a 26 in there with 4 semi slicks and a bit of playing + seat time.

Looked sweet out there, and had fun giving you the enthusiastic green for superlap.. :lol:

• 1 month later...