sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Just spent the last 2 hours reading this and the project thread. I hate you a little bit. But mostly admire and idolise you.

Could you be so kind as to tell me where you got the airbag kit from and which model/type it is? Would it work in my MS65? The chassis looks very similar. This is where mines at currently. A good time to sort out the bags you think?

hag3nvax.yup.jpgz0qrjdnp.zuy.jpg

Also do you think my chassis will need to be made narrower with 15x9's? I dont mind dealing with the body rubbing later, just as long as theres plenty of gap between the wheel and chassis now for sway.

You're a God

the chassises are very similar. in fact they are almost identical except the 65 is 30mm wider. 

the bag kit came from ride tech in the states. its not a "kit" as such, i just bought a self leveling system then bought some bags that i thought would do the job.

there is a lot of work in bagging these chassises and if you're not handy with a grinder, a welder, and some logical thinking then i dont recommend it.

if you can solve problems as you go and have a bit of smarts about you then follow what ive done as much as suits you and make the rest up as you go.

it is not an easy job so beware. 

as far as fitting 9's in the back i cant tell you. the 75's ive had would fit a 9 without to much issue but youll need exactly the right offset and tyre size to get them to fit in a stock body.

Yea it will take me a while but I'll manage. Dads a diesel mechanic/fitter/boardering-losing-his-marbles-inventor and I'm half way through an electrical fitter apprenticeship. I can alter the guard inners if need be and notch the chassis. May need a few measurements of the shock mounts you made and a photo or two of the bag seats but I will let you know nearer the time. Thanks for the info.

Btw, what is your day job?