• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just trying to sus wiring sensors this engine settup had

# MAP - 3mm vac pipe running to Link

# Throttle Position Sensor

# Intake Air Temperature Sensors - Boosh 0 280 130 085? - Since discovered "air temp sensor isnt needed you need throttle position and map" from link holesaler. howerver iv heard running MAP over IATS means accelerating is not very good, just a downsight of the basic link i guess.

# Oxygen Sensor - type? Got a modified RB dumpipe now.

# Trigger Wheels and Sensors - Of the CAS with shielded wire?

# Coolant Temperature Sensor - Easy one.

# Knock Sensor? - just temp when tuning on dyno? Due to age of computer?

aLSO anyone recomend a good car to pinch something to make this settup of at pickapart?

42255227.png

Yeah could poss still work could make mounts so that it sits a bit higher. I will go for a wonder and have a look around at pick apart sat so i can get some ideas on how linkages are typically done etc. and have a look at any Corollas that are there.

I will do the 2 - 1 linkage piece more like this i would say. (for adjustment)

cableendcaliper.jpg

(except inside the car)

brakeadjassy.jpg

ebrakeend.jpg

And iv been recomended to go to "melbar Cable" as city centre break and clutch dont make them anymore

Cheers

And for my reff for if i play around tonight

DSC09095.JPG

DSC09096.JPG

Got these parts for the kit. Think the tube will go through the chassisrail and bootfloor and the 2 triangular pieces will support it - but how about the plate, where will it fit ?

DSC09099.JPG

looks like corolla handbrake?

FXGT :mrgreen:

Edit should do a running list of whats in this thing for lolz, of the top of my head

Hilux diff

Intergra radiator (so iv been told)

FXGT handbreak

Silvia rear disks

Capri front disks

Telstar engine

Cosmo gearbox

mk2 loom and running gear

falcon tramp bar

holden panhard rod

Eh i give up its monday i know there is allot more small things but cant remember what from.

Yup just emailed every tyre shop in wellington, can only get 205 40's if i import them myself.

205x45x15 rear 195x45x15 front it is :mrgreen:

i did not know that :shock: who makes them in 205 45 or 205 40s'? cheers

Not sure just got a reply from CPA (sales@cpaspares.co.nz) saying;

Hi Chris,

No sorry, we are unable to supply 205/40x15s. However, we can supply 205x45x15 OR 195x45x15.

Please let me know id you want used, Excellent quality or budget and I will send you some prices.

Thanks,

Hayden

Think i forgot to reply as was more trying to find out what sizes existed at that stage.

Yup just emailed every tyre shop in wellington, can only get 205 40's if i import them myself.

205x45x15 rear 195x45x15 front it is :mrgreen:

Problem starts here. They will not get off their arses and hunt you a tyre out when you email. You need to find a GC who works at tyre shop and he WILL find you a 205/40/15 in NZ. They will be out there its just that most tyre places cant be arsed looking/ringing around for hours. Same thing happened to most of the guys looking for low pro skinn 13's a few years back to stretch, most answers they got was "no, noone makes them". Once you know the brand of tyre it gets easier. Id say start looking at the Pirelli range.

Gaz

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...