spannas sev

eke_zetec_RWD

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

need pics!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds good though, try Neil Fraser for certing, he used to build 3s powered kit cars all the time, probably built this even with the twin carb setup.

as for price on engine and carb setup i wouldn't have a clue, but definitly interested when it comes up for sale.

cheers

Matt

Omg you sicko, i had many a rub over that when it was listed on trade me, any chance i can have you babies :P

Heya man funny you say that. Im quite keen for some babies at the mo if you wanna plant your seed :lol:

Fuck I should shut up.

Anyways lads theres some pics up for those who didnt see it on the ripofff trademe site. I fucking hate Fairfax for raising the auction prices.

Anyways car is in the shop at the mo. Im getting all the boosting side of things sorted somewhat so that I can actually limit what boost its running. Turns out the wastegate diaphram was leaking which is poos. Have a new one going in tomoz.

Hanging out for my new tyres ay. Long story but basically if you boot it in 3rd gear it lights up like a guy fawkes show and accellerates like nothing ive ever felt before. New tyres should remove the 100kph burnout part of that equation which will mean ALL of the power gets laid down. Im expecting a compressed spine or summin :D

TO be honest theres a good few thousand to be spent on the car I reckon before its all legit. But its gonna be worth it I reckon. Lifes to short for toyota previas

haha that is real sweet

so I take it we'll be seeing this crazy thing at trackday, please! my bets are just about on eke zetecs one being faster just because it will be less scary - just.

Oh and yeah im keen for some trackday. I reckon it should be first car to crash lol. I wouldnt be surprised if Eke gave it a run for its money just cos this car is actually quite hard to thrash through the windys ay. We will see!

Glad to finally have something worth taking on the track tho - my whory mortgage has meant no cool cars for the last 2 years. Blasphemy I tell you

You are a very bad man, huge big sticky mess all over my key board, but you have motorvated me enough to get my levin back to the work shop to be completed :P

Geeze i thought it was going to be alot more laggy than that with the 35/40 but seems really good

I am still more than happy to have your children as well :)

Guest spanners2

Nah theres bugger all lag but thats probably a lot to do with very short piping and not having a truck intercooler (like half the GSRs etc out there)

Havent really got any footage of it going fast as yet. Hopefully i wont have crashed it by the time track day comes around huh...

sticky mess on keyboard is annoying huh :(:(:(:(

Oh and who has seen that fucking AE85 on trade me with a 2J in it? Only 15k, I want it.

But no....

• 3 weeks later...

No reason with the modifactions the vechile has it should not be pushhing 300kw very easy, the 3sgte has the greatest head flow out of most japanese 4 cylinder turbos and with the modifactions that have been done to your motor there should be no reason 300kw is not achiveable

Things i would look at

size of injectors, to be pusing 300kw you will need at least 720cc

fuel pressure reg need a good risng rate one, not some cheap chinse copy, get a sard

will need lots of boost at least 20psi

have you also thought of the person tuning the car, some people have a habit to be more conservate than other's don't want to rish somthing bad happening, if i was in wellington, id be heading towards speedtech before chequerd flag, but again thats perosnl option thing, but im sure andre could have coaxed 300kw out of it easy, he tuned the red mr2 from nzpc not long agon, had very similar mods to your car, and ran an easy 342kw on pump gas :o

^ exactly as above go for a tune and see what the injector duty cycle is at under some power runs for a start then if safe add boost and fuel to suit and see how she goes. Any decent tuner should be able to point you in the right direction