spannas sev

eke_zetec_RWD

Spanners - I am sorry that you are having the trouble with Richard that some others have had.

I won't go near the place anymore but it sounds like you are that deep into it that you better try to see it through. I hope it works out.

I assume you have considered fuel line size AND fuel tank breather size as possible culprits

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spanners2
^ exactly as above go for a tune and see what the injector duty cycle is at under some power runs for a start then if safe add boost and fuel to suit and see how she goes. Any decent tuner should be able to point you in the right direction

Key word being 'decent' huh! Ive learnt my lesson about taking it somewhere without getting many opinions first. My step bro said Cheq flag was all good so maybe I should clip him :lol:

Guest spanners2

size of injectors, to be pusing 300kw you will need at least 720cc

fuel pressure reg need a good risng rate one, not some cheap chinse copy, get a sard

Injectors are sposed to be 850s. FPR is a sard from memory but I will look at that. Dont know if its rising rate or what

will need lots of boost at least 20psi

Thing is it was going over 20psi on dyno with VERY little power difference. Im happy to run like 18-20 pounds but only if its for a substantial power increase.

have you also thought of the person tuning the car, some people have a habit to be more conservate than other's don't want to rish somthing bad happening, if i was in wellington, id be heading towards speedtech before chequerd flag, but again thats perosnl option thing, but im sure andre could have coaxed 300kw out of it easy, he tuned the red mr2 from nzpc not long agon, had very similar mods to your car, and ran an easy 342kw on pump gas :o

The car was supposedly tuned by speedworx in Palmy. Who knows... but as I have mentioned, its at the Chequred flag at the mo. I think I would prefer to go the speedtech route but I have heard that Andre was a bit arrogant? Note thats just word of mouth - I dont know the guy but some people said they didnt like him and blah blah blah

Guest spanners2
Spanners - I am sorry that you are having the trouble with Richard that some others have had.

I won't go near the place anymore but it sounds like you are that deep into it that you better try to see it through. I hope it works out.

I assume you have considered fuel line size AND fuel tank breather size as possible culprits

Thanks for encouragment, you are right, I am way too deep in to pull the car out now. I drove in there with a working car and there is NO WAY I am towing it home.

I actually called CF and suggested that maybe fuel tank breather could be part of the issue but they told me that its much too big a space full of air to create some kind of air lock. I sort of tend to agree with them on that but then again if that was the case there wouldnt be a breather right!? Line size is 3/8ths I think - is that good enough in your opinion?

Cheers for the help/sympathy ay, its very encouraging! Hope to get it back soon :cry:

I actually called CF and suggested that maybe fuel tank breather could be part of the issue but they told me that its much too big a space full of air to create some kind of air lock. I sort of tend to agree with them on that but then again if that was the case there wouldnt be a breather right!? Line size is 3/8ths I think - is that good enough in your opinion?

Cheers for the help/sympathy ay, its very encouraging! Hope to get it back soon :cry:

I really don't know much about turbos, injection or anything else without pushrods but I would supect 3/8th is plenty.

I totally disagree (without seeing the car) that the airspace inside a fuel cell can be of any use without a breather of similar size to the fuel line. Pumps are better at pushing than sucking BUT with a short dyno run you would probably not notice an insufficient breather. Certainly it has been my experience that a slight vacuum inside the tank will give you shit a fair way down the back straight.

A very simple check would be to do the same dyno run with the fuel filler cap off.

Probably not worth doing that test by itself - but when it/if does get done it should probably be donewith you there to witness it.

The last time (after swearing twice previously never to go back there) I paid a knowledgeable guy who had built engines for me to surpervise. He (IMHO without being there) did a shit job of managing the place/people I was paying and all I got was some silicone around a porous carb body and a bill for $850.

You are in a difficult position and if you do finally decide to rip the vehicle out of there you need a back up plan BEFORE you do so (I understand that you have no intention of going elsewhre yet).

Also: Don't burn a motorsport bridge in Wellington without some thought. You never know if the next guy is actually going to be any better until it is done and the nearest Dynapack Dyno was (and possibly still is) in the Taranaki.

Sadly there is no one I can recommend. Only people I choose to avoid :cry:

At least your car`is instrincly awesome :D

Guest spanners2

Hey if someone deleted some of my posts can you tell me why? Not so I can whine but so I dont cock it up next time. I dont really know what I did wrong.

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Also: Don't burn a motorsport bridge in Wellington without some thought. You never know if the next guy is actually going to be any better until it is done and the nearest Dynapack Dyno was (and possibly still is) in the Taranaki.

Speedworx has 2 Dynapack units, and Keith Stewart has 4, both Palmy area.

Is it an ST185 motor? Would have though with the bigger cams it'd flow really well, the stock 3SGTE cams are one of the biggest weakpoints in them.

Interestingly, there is a 13BT Chevron in Palmy as well, has been at a customers workshop the past couple of weeks. Looks to be a relatively standard S4 motor, but apparently 2nd gear doesnt have much traction :twisted:

Please come to Palmy and take me for a skid :D :D :D :D

Guest spanners2

what the fuck my posts keep getting deleted I think one of the mods has it in for me

Ok story time :rolleyes:

I let my brother have a drive tonight. First person I have let drive it yet. Sure enough he lost it round a corner, did a big slide and clipped the curb. All the while I was in passenger seat shitting pant.

Lucky for me, and I dont know how this works... but no damage at all. The back of the car must of just nicked the footpath cos it made a lot of noise but it didnt bust anything. I love my luck slash my brothers immense just clip the curb spinage.

Point is dont let other people drive your car. Every time I tell someone they couldnt handle it they give me shit, and finally I let someone drive and they nearly stack it.

He doesnt want another drive. WTF is up with that?

Dude I checked the moderator control panel, no-one has been deleting your posts??

Fucking lucky your brother didn't break something! Are you sure nothing's bent, it would have to be pretty lucky to do nothing at all!

I'd still want to drive it even after spinning it out though, is your brother a little soft or did he just realise that he's likely to stack it and suddenly the fun disappears from driving it :lol:

Guest spanners2

I think it was more the holy shit I owe my brother 20k if I stack this thing and its way too loose. He wasnt even going fast, just too much gas round a corner. He was just really gutted cos we thought hed smashed the wheel! Kept saying "nah... nah no way, I dont wanna drive this thing again... nah... nah" sorta thing it was quite funny ay I was roffling hard

Funny thing is that he actually is a fucking good driver... well ok fast driver, but can drive cars fast a shitload better than me usually. Im kinda surprised I havent even spun this thing out yet. Although I havent actually fully powered out of a corner yet, gotta wait for race tyres to do that. At the moment it doesnt stick that well, a bit of understeer at times :? a lot of oversteer at others :D

Anwyays thanks for checking the mod boards. I must just be too wasted when im posting. While you are there do you reckon you could check my orig account? I got locked out and I dont know how to reset password. its just 'spanners'. If not then all good, whatever goes :)

Account fixed. Also did you just get a new wastegate? I have a turbonetics deltagate which I want to rebuild before using. Why didnt you do this?

Thanks heaps for that.

Anyway yeah I have a 46mm DSR (drift side racing) wastegate. Its brand new and i am just swapping it for my turbosmart one (which has a new diaphram). DSR sounds like such a poo brand, I hate anything with the word drift in it, but the wastegate is a simple part and I reckon this one will be ok. Its either that or $900 for a Tial 50mm :(

The 38mm wastegate isnt big enough, boost creeps up rapidly after 5000rpm. It goes well over 20psi and then the car bangs and splutters and shit. I try to avoid doing it but its impossible to watch gauges when you are driving this car ay, you need to keep all 3 eyes on the road!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...