fuel's 1973 Vauxhall Viva

V8Pete

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

yeah I'm constantly hounding a mate who has an engineless (he put a VG30 into it) '76 Magnum 4 door. He wants to restore it to its former glory, but the reality is he probably wont. It has a dial gauge too which is what I want.

2.3 is poos, lousy engine. Bulldog had one in bits I was considering, but decided against it. 1256 can stay for now - it's pretty cheap to run really.

• 2 months later...

^^those are sweet.

Cunt!! Was it you that stole my roofracks!! haha

Chop an inch or so out of the legs too, makes them millions sweeter :wink:

Hmm, Find some 14" interceptor style steels and bang them out to 7" or 8" i reckon, then bare metal the centres and let those puppies rust :D

or find some 13" or 14" 4x100 steels with sweet centres and widen them instead with diff and hubs from parts car - anyone got suggestions?

definitely go with the 4x100 stz if its in good enough nick bro. Will open your options up way more and 4x100 wide steels are worth more than 4x4" if you wanted to sell them off.

Plus then we can just mash my steels on it for lols once you put the 4x100 hubs on.

• 2 months later...

Love your work phillus.

I'd say no paint for this weekend.

Found some real sweet looking yokohamas at budget tyres, were 175/70s but had reaaaal plain sidewall, looked oldschool as but still a good modern tyre. Wouldnt be too bad on a rim your width?