fuel's 1973 Vauxhall Viva

V8Pete

thanks guys. Yeah surely GM would have known how shit and unreliable these cars would have been - they could have at least put towing eyes on it :P

nah cos they would have put them on like they did on the chevette with two tiny spot welds so they just break off anyway :lol:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sexychevette

have always wanted one zactly like this slamd as on widened steels. past up the chance to have two hbs for 200 bucks about a year ago. was a bad decision

We'll bang them on anyway but they are 4 x 4" so they won't quite fit. 4 x 101.6mm I think it is from memory.

Also leafy rear end is pretty gays but not too difficult, will just have to get them reset. Fronts will be a dordle.

Bonnets already black so that saves one job. haha. Might need a quick respray in satty though.

4x98 i think they are slightly narrower than the shuvit pattern file an wobble nuts would work wasn't willing to file 17s just for a look,

but nomas hq stubs an brakes are the way to go then off to aussie spares for widened steels off a stock car, widened pursuits would be grunge

Guest sexychevette
4x98 i think they are slightly narrower than the shuvit pattern file an wobble nuts would work wasn't willing to file 17s just for a look,

yeah maybe sounds more right? cant work out how 4 inchs would be more than 100mm lol. thought an inch was like 24.4mm or something. maybe completly wrong.

1 inch = 25.4 mm

http://www.google.co.nz/search?hl=en&q= ... o+mm&meta=

But I'm not 100% that they are 4 x 4 inch. Just what I have been told. They might be 4 x 98mm or something but that sounds all italian like fiat and alfa and shit. Pretty sure poms didn't roll that shit.

Holden pig engines are gay as, would be cooler to put a gemini 1600 in it on bike carbs or something.

Guest sexychevette

well there you go mikuni is a more smart than me. yeah it is 4 inch as far as i know. Must of been just when opel went from imperial to metric as the latter kadett C(chevettes) are metric styles 4x100

altho i would of thought they would of been metric all along. unless the poms are just fucked which is prob the case. HB/HC Viva is based on a kadett B or something? or not?

yeah 4x101.6mm (4"). Some minis are the same PCD I think?

plans are to lower it, find some better wheels, whitewalls or flappers, retro roofracks etc.

On another note, that crashed viva owner wants $750 for it - pretty much not keen. I could find a bloody mint viva for that money I'm sure.