fuel's 1973 Vauxhall Viva

V8Pete

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tis a '74 Viva 1800 with a 2300 fitted, will have bigger diff n brakes etc but yeah keen to keep it 1256 for cheapness for now.

Have been toying with the idea of an engine conversion though.. what reasonably small and lightweight four-banger 2L or under could I fit, that is either RWD or can be made RWD cheap/easily would be suitable? Ideally 120+hp would be sweet.

Best would definitely be a G200Z which is a singlecam 2L that comes carbed from a rodeo for epic easiness and injected in Piazza for slightly harderness but still pretty easy. If viva is similar mounting to chuv it should bolt in pretty easily with just a custom gb xmember and modified driveshaft. + gemini eng mounts and possibly changed sway bar if the viva has one.

But I think that dirty slant engine will be even easier to fit because all the parts are there already and its so dirty it will suit this thing to the ground. I hate them with a passion but fuck, it will be perfect in this with the wideness and the magnum front. Get some webbers or bike carbs sucking hard and it will be so hot.