Muzzie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty happy about how it has turned out so far, won't be able to get it onto the road until the 16th July tho as the reg is on hold till then and I don't fancy paying for a years worth of reg for nowt.

Will give me a chance to tidy a few things up and get the warrant so thats ok.

• 3 weeks later...

It feels quick but isn't really, it is just that you are so close to the ground and that cambelt is whizzing away like a supercharger 6 inches behind your head - however it does carry some serious speed through the corners, feels awesome.

Got those 40 downdrafts to go on soon, should improve the breathing somewhat, feels a bit restricted at the mo a bit like the twin cam Lada before I put 40 dellortos onto it....

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a pretty simple casting - think it was around $800 for the pattern. Would be an easy 2 - 3k for a more complicated one...

There was a bit of work in the CAD to get the design right though, make it easy to cast, get shit to line up, make sure there was enough meat for the machining etc.

• 2 weeks later...

you go for it - no patents yet :wink:

Just seemed like the easiest/cheapest way to get an airbox - although Autobend stiffed me 25 bux for a 600mm bit of pipe, and now I will probably need some more :(

I have put some bits of pipe between the holes in the top and bottom so it can be tightened properly - they got welded in then a drill put up them to clear it all out.

it is awesome for for what it has cost me - probably all of 3k - and the best car i have owned. best handling, best sounding, best looking.

Was maybe hoping for a bit of 18 year old babes checking me out in my stylish open top euro/mid life crisis when I got it, but the checking out is done almost exclusively by 8 year old boys or 45 year old men. By far the most disappointing aspect of the car really.

It is still a step up from the lada wagon - the only reaction from that was from drunken russian seamen baring their 3 snaggle teeth at me and shouting something fucking unintelligible.

• 1 month later...
I think you need a wideband O2 sensor to get an accurate reading? Most cars I think only have narrow band sensors.

yes it is narrow band, and therefore not very accurate, however all I wanted to see was id it was even vaguely stoichiometric....

It would be nice to have a wideband, but I didn't want to spend real money.

• 2 weeks later...