Pog’s X1/9

Muzzie

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apart from the paint this is by far the tidiest X I have ever seen...

Smoke sounds like the valve guides to me as well but I will see when it is up and running.

If I had to find another engine for it I would probably go for a late model 1600cc SOHC Tipo motor - same block, tiny bit more power, loads more torque.

I wanted a skanker when I was looking as I was thinking of a repower with a 4AGZE out of an MR2, but this is too nice to be dicking around with.

I would love to hear anyones modding suggestions.....

The paint isn't so bad - I think I would only paint it if I had to get in there and fix some rust - having owned Fiats before I am reluctant to start anything as epic as this.

Any pics of the rims Muzzie?

Yeah man........ see here :) Straight out my Uno Turbo project thread, so theres a couple more pics in there too. Theres also 2/3/4 (cant remember) chrome trim rings as well that fit them.

dscf00847uu.jpg

Those rims are nice - there is something about black steelies gives me the warm fuzzies/semi

I guess you don't know anyone driving to chch in the near future?

Thing is I know a chap north of chch who has a big paddock full of fiats and lancias - and I know there will be a few sets of that style - much closer than akl. Guess i'd need the check the offset too...

How much?

matt black like this one?

racex19side19102007smalgu3.jpg

as you know unoT is popular conversion, also twincam swaps are common and can be done with a mixture of bits from the fiat/lancia parts bin plus a couple of fabricated bits. BUT another pretty good simple conversion is the 1.6L 16v motor out of a mid '90s fiat brava/bravo/marea still uses more or less the same engine mounts and gearbox bolts up.

either that or the old 1.3L motors have a 55mm stroke and can rev to the sun

Those rims are nice - there is something about black steelies gives me the warm fuzzies/semi

I guess you don't know anyone driving to chch in the near future?

Thing is I know a chap north of chch who has a big paddock full of fiats and lancias - and I know there will be a few sets of that style - much closer than akl. Guess i'd need the check the offset too...

How much?

Make an offer I spose - plus shipping. They not doing anything here, they have Michelin tyres on them, only good for skids though.

124 is RWD, unos FWD - filled out the guards bloody good actually lol.

God I miss my uno - but I cant be assed spending a couple grand on fixing the motor :( It went so well.