phils new awesomeness eterna

thminiman

yeah I guess you could look at bracing the bellhousing further and even adding a scatter shield like they do on rotaries etc. My max rpm would be 7500rpm and would be using a stock flywheel which was designed for that rpm so as long as the input shaft is all aligned correctly I don't think there would be issues.

I've been having more thoughts lately about finding either a whole complete Pajero Evo 3.5 engine (very expensive) or finding a 3.5 DOHC non-MIVEC Pajero engine, fit new Pajero Evo pistons, and use the Diamante MIVEC heads to essentially create a Pajero Evo engine - and then fit two TD05 turbos to it.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just by chance, with thanks to Kelvin (mini mafia) and tank (macabre). Owner was going to scrap it through Kelvin's work I assume, tank got wind of it and checked it out thinking it would be solid axle LSD which it wasn't, so I checked it out thinking it would just be an early jap spec GSR-II or something, but basically hit the jack pot when it turned out to be a GSR-V. It was basically very rough in many pieces, a few patches of rust, and also it was de-reg which was the final nail in the coffin for it as far as putting it back on the road goes.

• 1 month later...

not given up, just admitted defeat that at this point in time I've perhaps bitten off more than I can chew. It's entirely possible, but with my impending overseas trip coming up I just figure I may as well revert it to how it was before I pulled it off the road in haste. I'll definitely still do the swap - it just takes motivation, time and funds which I will have neither for the next 2+ years I will be overseas.

I'll need a Link G4 Extreme or equivalent ECU to run the coil on plug ignition, sequential injection and run the multiple input/outputs I want, so that means $$$, then need the R154 gearbox and adapter plate + hydraulic release bearing etc. I've got ideas to convert to Silvia front end to gain rack and pinion steering and a wide array of front coilover strut options.

In the meantime I'm just laying down the groundwork with the 5 stud hubs + widebody rims and the strongest diff available for Starions.