phils new awesomeness eterna

thminiman

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah but I said earlier that the stock toyota starter position is always right in the way of one of the cylinder banks on the V6 engine, when the Toyota bellhousing would usually come from an inline 6.

yeah but I said earlier that the stock toyota starter position is always right in the way of one of the cylinder banks on the V6 engine, when the Toyota bellhousing would usually come from an inline 6.

simple then Phillip - use stock mitsi flywheel and stock mitsi starter attached to adapter plate... cut out the bump in toyota bellhousing where the stock starter position would interfere with motor and cover with some welded in alloy plate - cut out slot in toyota housing where mitsi starter will sit and cover with chippy packets

With a plethora of you talented cunts up there this should be piss easy - 10-5 can cut out the sandwich plate on his flowjetmastercut whatever, Sam can trim the toyota bellhousing to suit, Phil can raise his elbows in surprise, Brad can make out with Spence and Wayne can tig weld the alloy plate..

Oh and E can just do what E does best..

• 3 months later...
lol sounds like it could be a plan.

i belive that there is an asin auto on the back of some of the pajero's???

if so .. its easy ... get asin bell to fit your motor... if your lucky it will have teh same rear flange as the a340 off a toyota ...

buy the adapter plate you can get to convert 1uz bell to w or r series box ... bolt up to your asin bell ... instant conversion

couple of asumptions in there .. but a LOT of jap shit has the same auto flange on there box's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ai ... nsmissions

hope that helps philly

yeah all auto Pajeros have Aisan transmissions. Can you show me where you can buy these adapters to adapt an auto bellhousing to a W or R series gearbox? I guess then I would have to cut somewhere in the bellhousing for the clutch fork etc.

Are you wanting one of the adaptor plates to attach a w series box to a auto bell?

If so I just read this on toyspeed:

hiluxs are generally a W series or a G series, and the input face is very similar they are interchangable,

on the 1uz adaptor plates that i do, they w series fits the hilux box they just have to be ground out a little to clear the g series input cover

MAX.jpg

yeah all auto Pajeros have Aisan transmissions. Can you show me where you can buy these adapters to adapt an auto bellhousing to a W or R series gearbox? I guess then I would have to cut somewhere in the bellhousing for the clutch fork etc.

I can get the cad files for for a340 to W/R, then you just get them laser cut, then needs a few bits milled and drilled up to be a sweet fit.

Also told you before use a concentric release bearing, will work way better.

Now you have to do some research and see if the pajero box has the same front face / bolt pattern as a a340 as wayne suggested

There's two different V6 2WD ute boxes, the R5M22 which is in the early 90s L200 (this box is easier to find), but it's essentially the same box as my Eterna just with a V6 bellhousing, and the R5M31 which doesn't exist in the late 90s shape Triton here in NZ, but they're in Aus for $1500+ and freight on top of that, however this box is in the latest shape Triton 3.8 V6, but I would guess wreckers would want $2000+ for them and there's still no guarantee they're going to handle the power. If I'm going to have to spend $2000+ on a box I might as well make it a strong one which is common and I know I'ld be able to get parts/replacements for.

i'm not sure how much power you're aiming for but,

shot peening the internals makes a huge difference to the strength,

and realistically pulling 1100kg? 200kw atw?

a 2wd triton must be 1400kg plus you can load a heap on them,

why not go direct from japan like diddies hemi's

and get a couple

The car with the 4G63 is 1300kgs, with the V6 and extra crap added it'll realistically be around 1350-1400kgs max. The MIVEC non-turbo motor puts out 198kW at the engine, the GTO twin/turbo motor puts out 221kW on the factory 6-7psi of boost on tiny TD04's. It's not just the power the torque of the GTO motor is 427Nm. What I'll be doing is using the MIVEC engine with two TD05s on 8-12psi of boost, so even a conservative estimate would be 250kW at the motor, possibly upwards of 300kW.

Also 2WD V6 manuals don't exist in Japan, I would have better luck getting in a box from Australia. But the point I'm making, is why spend $2000+ for a 'bolt in' gearbox which is unknown if it will handle the power, will have ratios suited to a ute, may not place the shifter in the right spot, will be super hard to find a replacement again or parts should I break it etc..

I'ld much rather spend $2000+ on say a R154 which I know is a good decent box which could handle the power, has parts available like short shifters, remote shifters which can be cut down etc, bearings easily available etc even if I had to spend upwards of $1000 on custom making a bellhousing (not likely, am hoping will be less than that).

yeah fair enough its just the rigmorol of getting it all to work,

r154 and 156 are hefty boxes for sure

but it maybe a balance of evils thing

factory fit strengthened is going to be easier than,

setting up a conversion no less doing it first.

dellow in wellington or graham berry race cars would be worth a call,

they did the bell for my w50 to rover,

if you can get them to take on the setup costs and confirm some orders they might do it cheaper,

my cast alloy ones run out about $400 ready to take clutch fork slave etc,

although you'd want concentric release bearing for lack of space

I don't think there would be a huge demand for these bellhousings in NZ, perhaps overseas though. There's a guy in the States I've been talking to, he makes up 4G63 to W5x bellhousings and would need about 7-10 to be made up to be worth the hassle, he'll happily make up a 6G7x to either W5x or R154 but again he needs the numbers and it would still be in the US$400 region.

Your rover to W50 bellhousing is quite a common aftermarket bellhousing though eh? ie they didn't make it up custom just for you?

R154 is about 10kgs heavier than a W58 and a little bit wider, but I would say a Triton gearbox is going to be just as hefty if not bigger/heavier.