phils new awesomeness eterna

thminiman

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet dude its sitting back more :D We need to have a beer/chat but just rework that thermo housing dude its no sweat. Dont chop the bitch up. Almost needs a rack and pinion conversion but the steering arm would almost get in the way more than that steering box hrmmm

I had a lol at the dummied up turbos :lol: Looks good though man, heaps of space. Probably an inch further back is all good, just hunt down a smaller clutch master or other options and we'll have a look at massaging that firewall abit to fit the thermo gadgets back there

• 2 weeks later...

Hey the master cylinder bore wont matter if your using a w55 etc anyway they have the same slave cylinder as a t50 etc so it will work fine.

That inlet manifold looks like shit should make one :D

And I have a w55 in the shed if you want to dummy shit up and get the bellhousing fab on the way

• 2 months later...

was thinking about your bellhousing issue we were talking about last night.

can you use the toyota W5* bell housing and make and adapter plate at the motor end??

there is a company up here called Nepean engineering that lazer cut plate from 1 to 1 drawings, not CAD. so if you can draw accurately what you need on paper at full size they can make it. they are pretty good accuracy wise, and can also drill holes pretty accurately. takes the hassle out of trying to get CAD drawings for what you need.

their prices are not bad.

just a thought?

sheepers

yeah I thought about that and even thought about an adapter plate on the gearbox end of the bellhousing to adapt a Pajero bellhousing to the W58 box. Problem is the V6 sits the starter quite low down and I fear all the Toyota bellhousings wont have a starter hump where it needs to be (ie a cylinder bank will be in the way of where they are on the toyota motors).

A guy in the states did this to mount a stock Starion box to a V6 (but N/A):

V67130099.JPG

but he still faces the issue of the starter being in the wrong place

He's also made an adapter plate for a T5 gearbox, and done something radical with the starter:

V67130096.JPG