PAINT THREAD

dylan

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi all cleared the car on saturday how long do i leave it befor i buff it and is there any thing i can do with the odd bit of dust in the clear or is that sand back and start again of will the buff move the worst of it ???  thanks

How much clear did you put down? if you have a layed down a decent amount 'colour sand' it before you buff it, should get any dust as long as its not buried. I'm to lazy to explain but basically you wet sand it with 1000,1500 etc then buff smooth out any peel and imperfections, youtube has a few decent guides I think.

the next day tbh (a few days in winter) buffing hard paint is a pita, 4 coats is alot so you can go nuts with the buffing but avoid unnecessary sanding and would start with 1500 wet for the bad bits then 2000 wet for not so bad bits/over the 1500, then hit it with 3000 if its a dark colour

buff it till you are happy with it then then maybe in a week or so a quick buff to bring back the gloss after the solvent has fully released, then jamb a good coat of wax on it

• 1 year later...

should I buy one of these?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/paint/auction-873941257.htm

or these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=871503713

just doing a few home jobs and i would like to add a gravity gun to my arsenal... the current suction gun must be nearly 15yrs old and has served me well but is getting a bit sad.

Yea or just get whatever and put lots of clear on and wetsand like a motherfucker. But yea if you want sweet off the gun action for engine bays etc it pays to get something that has a nice soft spray pattern that lays down nice and flat for us amateurs.