PAINT THREAD

dylan

I run those devilbiss guns you posted. Don't let the devilbiss name on the packet fool you they're nothing flash and not devilbiss guns as such. That said if you clean your guns properly in the first instance and set them up right with a practice panel you're not gonna notice much difference between them in my opinion.

If you're spraying in a shed, not a booth then your gun's only one of a ton of factors you're fighting against.

For instance I could do a far better job with a $50 gun and good lighting than a GTI Pro with crap lighting..

Having a cheap shitter with a big tip for a primer gun is ftw though. Don't have to be so anal cleaning that one

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While what you say is true Danger, I only own a $50 gun, I feel you should do everything you can to help yourself, and if that is buying a $300 gun then so be it.

I used one of those w-400 guns to spray my Alfa and they are a really nice bit of kit, highly rrecommended.

I don't do sanding...the suction gun i have produces sweet enough finish for my liking but man do you have to work fast with the big nozzle. It sucks getting in to some spots and i am expecting the rollcage painting to be much easier access with a gravity.

i am tempted to just get another asturo green suction which has served me so well but I'm thinking that adding a gravity gun to the arsenal makes more sense. I dont think ill go for a baller spec w-400 as none of my other tools are superflash.. maybe a

W71 is more my style...

then i can put the extra monies towards the stroker motor in my evo.

You wont look back on a gravity. I haven't used a suction in years.

Not that its a huge deal but I get my folks to rinse and save all their jam jars and 1L yoghurt pots which I use to mix paint in, whereas I'd mix in the pot in a suction. Paint shops will sell (or throw in for free with bigger purchases) stacks of metered paint cups though.

Yea I just get 1000's of free cups and filters from the paint guy, go find a GC one. Yea get a $100 gun and go for it.

On another note I should be painting the tailgate over the weekend! hopefully my tin of 2 year old left over colour looks the same when I put it down.

The only thing I have used a paint filter for was when I drained the redline oil from the gearbox in the mazda which I planned on re-using.

So is something like that W71 ok for a poverty spec homer jobs? Or should i be looking elsewhere in the $100-200 range?

I filter all my paint and don't run an inline filter.

If you are going to spend ~$200 you should get that DeVilbiss kit out of the states. You will find having a primer gun is super handy and it comes with all of the difference size tips, all of which makes your job easier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Devilbiss-StartingLine-Spray-Gun-Kit-/190917195367?hash=item2c738d3667&item=190917195367&vxp=mtr